cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't send or receive pictures

nastypc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

APN settings are good can no longer send or receive pictures just says sending pictures.... And don't get any either through MMS...

6 REPLIES 6

nastypc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry for taking so long to respond. Yes nothing worked, I had all settings correct! Could not figure it out so reset my phone and started from scratch. Thank you for all suggestions.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

One thing that did the trick for me when I was using Google Messages sometime last summer, was turning WiFi off so that the "data" connection was forced to cell data. Obviously a pain if you are on WiFi 95% of the time...

(Messages acted up for me after an up-date and worked itself out when I went back to try after the next up-date. I have permanently switched to another messaging app since.)

(Just to clarify, no, with Public Mobile you don't need a data plan for MMS and they don't count towards your data bucket. But they are sent / received via cell data.)

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I have had a similar issue (twice, android). mms were working fine then could not be sent.  it usually cleared up in 24 hours. Last time it happened was in the summer.  

do you uses vibre or whatsaap?  those are two populal alternatives

Some screeenshots of your APN settings may help us to show if there are any errors or to help point out settings that could be tried.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Consider trying a different messaging app.  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@nastypc,a little more info. What type of phone, was it working before?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.