cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't recieve calls or access voicemail! Please help

Dandreacola
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I havent been able to make or recieve calls or access my voicemail for 3 days now. Can someone please help me.

It keeps saying no active long distance add on when I call voicemail.

Text and data work fine.

I need to be able to make and recieve calls because of my sick mother.

29 REPLIES 29

Dandreacola

The fact I have had no communication from moderators about this for 3 days is disgusting and a poor reflection on the company itself. No service for someone who has a sick mother at home that needs a phone in an emergency in deplorable. The CRTC surely needs to hear about this. Completely unacceptable!!!

Dandreacola

I managed to get the message sent 

@DandreacolaYou need to disable any ad blockers on your browser.. clear your cache, cookies.. restart your browser. Start a ticket from getting help without logging into the community initially I found will reset SIMon and eliminate the 404 error.

Dandreacola

Sent moderators another message.

I can't believe this is happening. Why arent they responding?

This is important.

@Dandreacola  If SIMon chatbot isn't working for you maybe send a message to Moderator_Team via here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Dandreacola wrote:

When I try to submit a ticket it says 404 not found in seperate window?

Can I somehow do it through here?

Click on the ? mark bubble at the bottom right of this screen.

Dandreacola

When I try to submit a ticket it says 404 not found in seperate window?

Can I somehow do it through here?

@Dandreacola wrote:

Just tried all of that. Nope

Same story.

Where is someone that actually works at Public that can look into my account???

Only the moderators are able to look into your account unfortunately.  Send another message if it's been a while since the last one, you can send one through here:https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Dandreacola

Just tried all of that. Nope

Same story.

Where is someone that actually works at Public that can look into my account???

@Dandreacola wrote:

Hi.

I checked my plan, I added more minutes to be sure but I STILL CANNOT make or recieve calls. This is ridiculous. Can anyone please help me.

Still can't access voicemail either 

Have you tried the lost/stolen trick or topping up your account with one dollar and rebooting?

Or just rebooting the phone since you've added more minutes to your plan.

For lost/stolen, login to your self serve account, click plans/add-ons, click phone lost and suspend, log out and wait a few mins.  Log back in and report phone found and resume service.  Restart your phone.

Dandreacola

Hi.

I checked my plan, I added more minutes to be sure but I STILL CANNOT make or recieve calls. This is ridiculous. Can anyone please help me.

Still can't access voicemail either 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@Dandreacola wrote:

I can access 611.

I think minutes are good

@Dandreacola  Sounds like you might have used up your minutes. Best to purchase a 500 minute add-on for $5. The add-on will remain on your account until all used up and will only kick in when you have used up your regular minutes. To make sure you have remaining minutes access your selfserve account online and on the first page you should see available minutes. If nothing is showing then you have used up all your minutes.

This would be for outgoing. The OP has mentioned possibly not incoming. But we don't yet know if they're on the original $15 plan.

@Dandreacola wrote:

I can access 611.

I think minutes are good

@Dandreacola  Sounds like you might have used up your minutes. Best to purchase a 500 minute add-on for $5. The add-on will remain on your account until all used up and will only kick in when you have used up your regular minutes. To make sure you have remaining minutes access your selfserve account online and on the first page you should see available minutes. If nothing is showing then you have used up all your minutes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dandreacola wrote:

I can access 611.

I think minutes are good

Perhaps you signed up to the original $15 plan where it was not unlimited incoming. Check your overview data & add-ons to see if the minutes counter is there and also your Plan Details to see if it mentions unlimited incoming.

Dandreacola

I can access 611.

I think minutes are good

Dandreacola

$15 plan. I think I'm good with minutes.

DnD on an iPhone?

@Dandreacola wrote:

I did try that already and have sent two messages to mod team but they are not replying.

This is ridiculous.

@Dandreacola  What happens when you dial 611 from your phone? Can you access the IVR system? If you are on a limited calling plan then make sure you haven't used up all your minutes like others have mentioned. 

hobbit12

Yeah, that's annoying, sorry that nothing has worked. I would try taking a look at other community messages with problems such as yours. I found one where someone said this worked, so maybe try it out and if it doesn't work maybe take a look at more community posts.

''Just came up with a solution to my problem.
I had set my network preference to LTE earlier today via the *#2263# code. I just switched it back to Automatic and I am still able to get LTE and now I can make and receive phone calls.''

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dandreacola wrote:

Hi

I havent been able to make or recieve calls or access my voicemail for 3 days now. Can someone please help me.

It keeps saying no active long distance add on when I call voicemail.

Text and data work fine.

I need to be able to make and recieve calls because of my sick mother.

What plan are you on?

If the $10 plan then maybe you've run out of your minutes. If the $15 plan then can you still receive calls (notwithstanding your subject line)?

Or maybe you turned on do not disturb for incoming.

Dandreacola

I did try that already and have sent two messages to mod team but they are not replying.

This is ridiculous.

hobbit12

That is strange. I can only recommend removing the Sim card and putting it back in. Otherwise, you should get in contact with the moderator team. You can send them a private message by clicking here

Dandreacola

No not at all.

I'm at home in the GTA

hobbit12

Are you out of the country? Then I believe voicemail is considered long distance. If you are, then try calling from hangouts dialer (or similar app) or using a landline.

Dandreacola

Tried this.

Did nothing. Sorry

hobbit12

I would make sure you have the correct number and country code (1) entered for voicemail access. You can search this up online to check/modify the voicemail number and make sure that it is correct and the country code is there

Dandreacola

I'm using an iPhone.

There is a button to click brings me straight to voicemail.

rusierra
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having the exact same problem. I sent a private message to the moderator team in hopes that they can sort it out. I suggest that you do the same with your details.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

What phone do you have?

Also for voice quick solution for time being. Call 438-580-4001 from another phone..enter your cell number.....when your voicemail message starts playing...press * sign and then enter your password and you will be able to listen to your voicemail

hobbit12

Hello,

Did you make sure to add the country code before the voicemail number? That would be a 1 before for US/Canada. Not sure if that will make a difference but it's worth the try if you haven't.

Need Help? Let's chat.