cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive texts and phone calls

Steveroo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ported my number from Freedom Mobile and now I can only make calls send texts and use data.  Any help to receive calls and texts plus use my answering machine would be appreciated. I've tried restarting the phone, re-entering the Sim card and leaving the phone off for 30minutes.

4 REPLIES 4

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Number ports from freedom take 30 minutes and pretty much with precision.  I know because I have done many for myself and others.  I am at 4 just this past week.  The key to submitting a successful port is to enter only the numbers and letters without spacing and stripping out separators on the account number field.  In other words the account number entry is not how it appears on the bill.  For the name on the account, that is entered exactly as it appears on the bill.  These rules apply for all providers.  Of course, don't forget to check the authorization box.

@Steveroo, welcome to Public Mobile.  In spite of the not so smooth landing, the rest of the journey will be rewarding.

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Steveroo wrote:

I ported my number from Freedom Mobile and now I can only make calls send texts and use data.  Any help to receive calls and texts plus use my answering machine would be appreciated. I've tried restarting the phone, re-entering the Sim card and leaving the phone off for 30minutes.

As a fellow former freedom subscriber I can add 3 things.

1) you made the right choice switching

2) personally the port took around an hour but this was because I activated on the same day my freedom number expired, if your situation is different then Freedom is likely the cause of the delay

3) until the port is complete your freedom sim should still be operational for incoming calls/texts

@Steveroo wrote:

If you're requested this phone number transfer less than a few hours ago, the process most likely just isn't complete.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to restart the phone and stuff like that, but experiences are that usually does nothing and isn't necessary, although sometimes it can cause the phone to reconnect to the network and changes to finalize.

If you have your Freedom Mobile sim card in another compatible device, you should notice that when you call this phone number, your Freedom phone will be ringing.  Incoming text and pictures messages will continue to go there too.

Only after you can receive incoming phone calls and text messages is your phone number port complete, after which time your Fredoom Mobile service will stop working.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
That sounds like an incomplete port, you will need to contact a moderator, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
Need Help? Let's chat.