cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can't receive text messages

Hello I just came back from the United States but texting was working perfectly fine last night and this morning now I cannot receive text messages please help. I have restarted my phone and still no texts. 

Oracle

Re: Can't receive text messages


@Bfontana wrote:

Hello I just came back from the United States but texting was working perfectly fine last night and this morning now I cannot receive text messages please help. I have restarted my phone and still no texts. 


That is a known issue the day after the add-on expires that you can't receive texts.  It does clear itself up after 24 hours.  The mods can fix this for you but their current response time is around 48 hours so that won't help.


* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

Re: Can't receive text messages


@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Bfontana wrote:

Hello I just came back from the United States but texting was working perfectly fine last night and this morning now I cannot receive text messages please help. I have restarted my phone and still no texts. 


That is a known issue the day after the add-on expires that you can't receive texts.  It does clear itself up after 24 hours.  The mods can fix this for you but their current response time is around 48 hours so that won't help.


@ShawnC13

Do you have an idea if the lost/found trick works for this system quirk?

Oracle

Re: Can't receive text messages

@wetcoaster, it didn't work for my friend who had this issue 3 weeks ago


* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

Re: Can't receive text messages


@ShawnC13 wrote:

@wetcoaster, it didn't work for my friend who had this issue 3 weeks ago


@ShawnC13

Thanks. Good to know.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Can't receive text messages

Try taking out the SIM card, restarting the phone, then reinserting the SIM. If that doesn't work turn the phone off, then start it in reset mode (but don't reset it) just wipe the cache, then restart the phone.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Can't receive text messages


@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Bfontana wrote:

Hello I just came back from the United States but texting was working perfectly fine last night and this morning now I cannot receive text messages please help. I have restarted my phone and still no texts. 


That is a known issue the day after the add-on expires that you can't receive texts.  It does clear itself up after 24 hours.  The mods can fix this for you but their current response time is around 48 hours so that won't help.


would u still get the messages that were sent later

Mayor / Maire

Re: Can't receive text messages


@wetcoaster wrote:


@ShawnC13

Do you have an idea if the lost/found trick works for this system quirk?


@wetcoaster this isn't an issue of a service needing to be re-activated--it's actually a matter of needing the expired add-on to be removed.  So no I wouldn't expect it would (as @ShawnC13's reply also confirmed).

 

 


@slash407 wrote:


would u still get the messages that were sent later


 @slash407 unfortunately, no.  The messages that were sent to you during the time the expired add-on was still on your account (e.g. for about 24 hours or so after it expired) are lost forever.  You will have no idea who messaged you (if anyone) and what they said (if anything), unless they later contact you and ask why you never replied or something.  This is the worst part of this bug, and now a full 2+ years after introducing the US Roaming Add-ons, I am really unhappy that PM has never fixed this.  I'm guessing they never will at this point.

 

 


@Alex888 wrote:

Try taking out the SIM card, restarting the phone, then reinserting the SIM. If that doesn't work turn the phone off, then start it in reset mode (but don't reset it) just wipe the cache, then restart the phone.


 @Alex888 unfortunately, none of this would help as the issue isn't with the phone, it's with Public Mobile.  


>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

Re: Can't receive text messages

@srlawren

Thanks for confirming. It's what I thought but I wanted to make sure that I don't have it wrong. (It's been several years since I'd been in the need of US roaming, definitely before my PM time, so can't draw on own experience.)

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Can't receive text messages

I have exactly the same issue, starting today on morning (text received around 8am but nothing after that). I've add a 10-days for USA exactly 10 days ago...