cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive text messages

brynbamber
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My friend tested his SIM card in my phone yesterday and I received a bunch of his texts. Since I put my own SIM card back in I can't send or receive text messages. I can call out no problem and it says I have good service.

Please help!

6 REPLIES 6

@brynbamber wrote:

It worked :). Thank you!!

Good news!!!

brynbamber
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It worked :). Thank you!!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@brynbamber wrote:

My friend tested his SIM card in my phone yesterday and I received a bunch of his texts. Since I put my own SIM card back in I can't send or receive text messages. I can call out no problem and it says I have good service.

Please help!

@brynbamber

Did you port you number over from a previous provider? If yes,  then what you describe is normal until the port is completed.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@brynbamber wrote:

Please help!

You can try this trick to re-activate your service..Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.

Let us know.

Bell3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sorry to here that, but my suggestion is to send a quick email to the moderator team. Did you flip your SIM in to another phone?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@brynbamberI assume you tried to restart the phone already. Do you and your friend both use Public Mobile? or just one of you? You might try to re enter the APN information for Public Mobile. or else the sure fire way of fixing it is probably reset your phone to default and start afresh.

Need Help? Let's chat.