cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t receive incoming calls

Viller
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi can someone help me. I activated my sim card and put it into my iPhone everything went well. I have public mobile in the top left of my screen I can text and receive text and call out But I can’t receive calls it keeps going to my old provider voicemail. I received a pin do I do anything with it. Do I cancel my old provider. I kept my old number as well. Thanks any help would be appreciated.

Denis

29 REPLIES 29

Seabass383

Hello Im having the exact same issue not sure where to go from here

albertyu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have had this exact issue happen to me yesterday and after looking all over the forums this is what fixed it:

1. Message MOD team or submit a ticket using message bubble bottom right and let them know about your service is able to make outbound calls/text but not received inbound calls/text

2. Ask them to "refreshed the network" for you, and wait for a bit (~1hr) and you should be able to receive calls now.

3. If it still doesn't work try to insert your SIM into another phone and trying receiving a call again from another device. 

Let me know if this worked and helps :). Public Mobile should really look into getting this fixed.

@Romeo85255   can you log in to your self serve account to see if it says active? 

Romeo85255

I active SIM card 2 days ago and I can’t make a call or receive it what I have to do thank you 

JaimeLaPizza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kurgari  You are having a problem that will most likely need some private information to be exchanged.  Maybe you would save time by sending a private message to the moderator team including some explaination of the problem and some private info right away, for example your account number.  That way you'll save the step of the moderator asking you about it (and a first answer from the moderator team may require up to 48 hours, so might as well make that first contact as efficient as possible !).  To send a private message to the moderator team: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and to learn about how it works when you do: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

kurgari

I cannot receive incoming calls and it's been 48 hrs. i can call out and text and it's been ported from Bell @CS_Agent 

Zack

What did you do to fix the problem, I have the same problem

@surreyboz wrote:

@Viller wrote:

Thanks everyone for the help. Got it working they resent the port now it’s working I got the confirmation.

Glad everything is working. Welcome to Public Mobile. Thankfully you didn't follow the Bad Advice of @paul5, had you done that it would have been a nightmare to sort things out

Come on now. Be nice  We all started somewhere, and I'm sure that Paul did not mean to give advice that would have made things more difficult for Viller.  I'm sure that he learned something new today.

Finally @Viller...Ouf!!! ou finalement!!! in french!!!!Smiley Wink

surreyboz

@Viller wrote:

Thanks everyone for the help. Got it working they resent the port now it’s working I got the confirmation.

Glad everything is working. Welcome to Public Mobile. Thankfully you didn't follow the Bad Advice of @paul5, had you done that it would have been a nightmare to sort things out

Viller

@Dunkgirl wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@paul5 wrote:

yes you should cancel your old provider as now your provider is public mobile WRONG  DO NOT CANCEL YOUR SERVICE *edited by your friendly oracle xxxxxx

Sorry, but this infomation is not correct.

As incoming calls have not started working, that means the phone number has not been transfered.  Cancelling the service of the old provider will cause problems, and actually prevent the number from coming to Public Mobile. 

@computergeek541The information from @paul5 is so incorrect and could be harmful to someone reading it. An oracle should strikethrough his post and mark this as incorrect but leave a tag that they edited it.

Thanks. Done. 

We can make changes to messages but don't want to over-do it or make it look like we're trying to control what people talk about.

surreyboz

@paul5 wrote:

yes you should cancel your old provider as now your provider is public mobile

Oh Wow, This Bad advice of yours can have serious consequences on People who have had there number for years. Where did you come up with the Bad Advice that can cause people to loose there phone numbers? 

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

@paul5 wrote:

yes you should cancel your old provider as now your provider is public mobile WRONG  DO NOT CANCEL YOUR SERVICE *edited by your friendly oracle xxxxxx

As incoming calls have not started working, that means the phone number has not been transfered.  Cancelling the service of the old provider will cause problems, and actually prevent the number from coming to Public Mobile. 

@computergeek541The information from @paul5 is so incorrect and could be harmful to someone reading it. An oracle should strikethrough his post and mark this as incorrect but leave a tag that they edited it.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@paul5 wrote:

Clearly something's not completely transfered over the PM yet, so suggesting this advice is misguided. One shouldn't cancel anything on the old side until the new service is working as expected.

That's why @computergeek541 I decided to start a new question about the queue or not with a second message to the mods and have finally the truth!!!! Thanks.

@paul5 wrote:

paul5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Note from Oracle computergeek541:  When porting a number, the customer should not be calling the old provider to cancel.  Doing this would make the customer lose his/her phone number.

@slash407 wrote:

all of this happened bcuz he called to cancel on the old provider? intesting stuff if true

I don't believe that Viller did that, but was just asking if he/she should.

@Viller wrote:

I shut the phone off for 5 min still goes back to my old provider voicemail. I will reach out to the moderator. Will I get confirmation that the port was complete. 

That couldn't have possibly fixed things.  Your phone device has nothing to do with which provider your calls get routed to. 

Yes, Public Mobile does send a text message when the porting is complete.

Viller

I shut the phone off for 5 min still goes back to my old provider voicemail. I will reach out to the moderator. Will I get confirmation that the port was complete. 

@Lieux wrote:

And @Viller wait for an answer from them don't write another message or you will loose your priority...the answer from the mods  can take 2 or 3 days...

I'm very doubtful that you lose your spot in line by second message.  One moderator did say that, but later on, another moderator said that isn't true.

It wouldn't really make any sense because I'm certain that messages are sorted by the date and time sent, so I would imagine that messages are supposed to be gone through based on that order.  Additional messages don't somehow change the  time that the first message was sent.  If the system is throwing people further down the queue just because additional messages are sent, then that system needs to be redesigned.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

And @Viller wait for an answer from them don't write another message or you will loose your priority...the answer from the mods  can take 2 or 3 days...

@Lieux wrote:

Did you try to reset your devise  power off completely for 5 minuts ( this gives time for you r devise memory to completely reset.. any less and there’s still memory in your phone that will still come back with a quick reboot) ...

Let's remember that there isn't anything in the phone's hardware or software that can make the calls go to the old provider.  The number hasn't transfered (yet).

@Viller wrote:

Hi can someone help me. I activated my sim card and put it into my iPhone everything went well. I have public mobile in the top left of my screen I can text and receive text and call out But I can’t receive calls it keeps going to my old provider voicemail. I received a pin do I do anything with it. Do I cancel my old provider. I kept my old number as well. Thanks any help would be appreciated.

Denis

I cannot say this any more clearly:  Do not call your old provider to canel.  You will lose the ability to transfer your number.

Since the request was made 7 hours ago, it has likely failed.  Do yourself a favor and make sure you have your Virgin Mobile account number and that contact Moderator_Team to have to submit another porting request for you.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Unitl number porting is complete, you can keep using your old provider's service so that you don't miss anything.

Did you try to reset your devise  power off completely for 5 minuts ( this gives time for you r devise memory to completely reset.. any less and there’s still memory in your phone that will still come back with a quick reboot) ...

Viller

I activated my sim at 3 today 7 hours ago virgin was my old provider

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Is it long ago you activated your Sim @Viller? The port of your phone number is perhaps not finished...What was your last company??

Need Help? Let's chat.