cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive incoming calls

TrolleyWood
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Similar to a lot of posts here. I just signed up earlier today and I am partially ported from Rogers where I am unable to receive incoming calls. I'm able to send/receive text messages and make outgoing calls though. Any help would be appreciated!

9 REPLIES 9

Wayne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
My issue has been outstanding for more than 12 days, no incoming calls or texts. I don't understand PM's mod queue process.

How can someone's issue be addressed less than one week when my issue has been outstanding for twice that length. This is really nuts!!!

@kltt, this customer posted the thread on Thursday last week, not today.  Whether or not it was before or after your post, I don't know.  Mary_M has contacted someone who has been waiting for a number of days.

I also don't know how the moderators have been tasked to process the backlog of issues, I know I wouldn't want to be one of them right now, because frankly the mods are doing their best to get everyone's issues sorted out.

What happened to decent courtessy to others... somedays, I think it's a lost art.

Moderators, You're doing a teriffic job, and I thank you for doing what you can for all of us with issues now or in the past.

mpk

Seriously I PM'ed you a week ago with the same issue and not a peep from anyone on PM.

kltt

@Mary_M

So this customer signed up today and is getting help, however myself and many others have problems over 9 days now and no help.  Good going PM, good going, PM!

Hey @TrolleyWood,

Thank you for your patience!

I will be looking into your port request shortly, please expect a private message from 🙂

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

@fosibehr wrote:
Do a search for access points. You may need to add one with the configuration found in your search. I had to on one of my phones before everything everything worked.

@TrolleyWood wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I've already gone through the access point setup using the instructions here http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-setup-data-and-APN-on-my-Andr..., if that's what you mean.

That's how I was able to start sending/receiving texts and making outgoing calls. I just can't receive incoming calls yet.

Yes, access point do need be set up properly to use the internet on your Public Mobile service.  However, that doesn't have anything to do with porting.  Even a number hasn't ported over yet, internet would already be working.

But when it comes to not receiving incoming texts or calls, that just means the port hasn't be done yet.  The access points won't help at all with the ability to receive calls or text messages.

In a nutshell, APN settings cannot and do not affect anything to do with either text messaging or phone calls.  Your APN settings could be even blank and both would still work just fine.

oilblue99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Incoming calls is the last piece to get working in a port-in. I had outgoing calls and texting (both direction) almost immediately. Incoming took longer... Which means there may not be a problem yet...or you have a failed or incomplete port-in and patience may be needed to hear back from a Mod.

Successful ports from Rogers seem to take around a couple hours, but could be longer. If you don't need your phone, leave the PM SIM in, and you might receive a "success" text in a couple hours...

If you need your phone, keep using the Rogers SIM for now. It'll stop working when the port-in is complete.

If the port isn't complete by tomorrow, private message a Mod with the required details and they'll get things sorted out.

Unfortunately there's a huge backlog at the moment due to the avalanche of new accounts (some worked no-problem; some didn't). It may take a few days until they get back to you. If it does take a few days, sounds like they can adjust the plan start date.

So tomorrow, you'll either have a working PM SIM, or a working Rogers SIM (which you'll keep using until the port is done...).

Good luck!

TrolleyWood

Thanks for the reply. I've already gone through the access point setup using the instructions here http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/How-do-I-setup-data-and-APN-on-my-Andr..., if that's what you mean.

That's how I was able to start sending/receiving texts and making outgoing calls. I just can't receive incoming calls yet.

fosibehr
Do a search for access points. You may need to add one with the configuration found in your search. I had to on one of my phones before everything everything worked.
Need Help? Let's chat.