cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls or texts

gncd89
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been talking a mod for almost 2 hours, they are taking 40 minutes to repsond and have not been helpful at all

o

anyone have any suggestions?

I can call and text but can not receive either. how can a telecom company not have live support or an option to call them?

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gncd89 wrote:

new number, price isnt any better than comparable plans elese where.

worked fine for the last two weeks

public mobile mods telling me to power cycle my phone after i told them i already did that plus a fsctory reset shows how little they pay attention to what customers tell them

Oh. Ok.

I know it'll sound weird but

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

gncd89
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

new number, price isnt any better than comparable plans elese where.

worked fine for the last two weeks

public mobile mods telling me to power cycle my phone after i told them i already did that plus a fsctory reset shows how little they pay attention to what customers tell them

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Check your phone and make sure it's not in either Airplane or Do Not Disturb mode. If it's not in either put it in Airplane mode, restart your phone then turn Airplane mode off.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gncd89 

What caused you to look at Public Mobile? My bet would be rates. Less for less is the marketing thing around here. You wanna pay less - you get less. It costs loads of money to have call centres operating 24/7.

Can I assume you transfered or ported your number from another provider?

Is the phone compatible?

Is it unlocked?

Edit: If you did transfer then these things can take some time to go through. You could continue using your old SIM until it longer works which would be your indication that the new one should work. Put in the new SIM and it should be good to go.

Need Help? Let's chat.