cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive any text messages

xvietbbboix
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I can no longer receive text messages from anyone.

Data and phone services are working. 

People receive my texts, but I don't receive theirs.

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Network reset wouldn't solve the problem since he's tried the SIM in a another phone with no luck either. It's either an account configuration issue (needing a MOD) or it's a faulty SIM.

@xvietbbboix 

If the SIM card does not work with another phone (ie. not able to receive texts in other phone), then there likely is a PM service issue.  Doesn't make sense though....  Might need to wait for moderator to have a look at.  Expect 1-2 day wait though.  

As your wait for moderator.....

You tried the lost/stolen phone trick already.  Maybe try the manually loading $1 into your account trick.  That also sometimes resets your account.  

Maybe try network reset of phone?  Up to you whether you want to try factory reset.....

xvietbbboix

Just tried this.

Didn't work.

@xvietbbboix wrote:

Can you provide me contact information for MODS?

@xvietbbboix  Another customer had a similar problem to yours. As soon as he put his sim in another phone the texts started coming in and the issue was resolved. If you can't borrow a phone to try this then maybe try powering down your phone removing the sim for 5 minutes and see if it fixes the problem. If your data usage shows the texts coming in then it's not an account issue.

@xvietbbboix wrote:

@xvietbbboix 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

xvietbbboix

xvietbbboix

Just tried another phone.

No luck

@geopublic wrote:

@xvietbbboix wrote:

Checked. I am no on DND. I am not blocking any #s

@xvietbbboix  Do you have another phone that you can test your sim in to see if you can recieve texts?

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

if above method still not working, maybe need to contact MOD to check it. 

@xvietbbboix wrote:

@xvietbbboix  Do you have another phone that you can test your sim in to see if you can recieve texts?

xvietbbboix

@xvietbbboix wrote:

Weird, the logs show that they go out and came in, but after I did the reset from the suggested solution above. I don't see logs for in and out.

But the messages to get received when I send to my colleague.

@xvietbbboixMake sure you don't have the "Do not Disturb" mode turned on. Also check your messaging app to ensure you are not blocking legit contact numbers.

xvietbbboix

Weird, the logs show that they go out and came in, but after I did the reset from the suggested solution above. I don't see logs for in and out.

But the messages to get received when I send to my colleague.

xvietbbboix

I tried this. It did not work.

@Alex888 wrote:
@xvietbbboixTry clearing your phone cache and restarting it. Then try logging into your account, report your phone as lost/stolen, log out, wait 5 minutes, log in and report it found, then restart your phone.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@xvietbbboix wrote:

Hello,

I can no longer receive text messages from anyone.

Data and phone services are working. 

People receive my texts, but I don't receive theirs.

Thanks

@xvietbbboix  Check your data usage logs online. If you can see the texts coming in then it means the issue is with your phone.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@xvietbbboix Try clearing your phone cache and restarting it. Then try logging into your account, report your phone as lost/stolen, log out, wait 5 minutes, log in and report it found, then restart your phone.
Need Help? Let's chat.