cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive WhatsApp verification code

Samich777
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello folks, new to PM. I just ported my number and calling/texting works fine but for some reason I don't receive WhatsApp verification codes via text. Any ideas? Using iPhone 5S.

7 REPLIES 7

Samich777

So as recommended I went to my usage log and checked to see if I received any of the whatsapp verification code texts and they weren’t in the log. Around noon i got a text from PM that my number port had been complete. After that I tried again and got it right away. I guess the port from bell wasn’t complete when I tried this morning. Thanks for all your help!

@Samich777 wrote:

I definitely am able to send/receive text and am able to call and receive calls. I just tested everything. Whatsapp has me on a 6 hour timer before I can ask for another verification code. I'll try again this afternoon.

It seems that there is also a call verification option from whatsapp but I never had that option come up.

Will report later.

@Samich777  Sounds like everything is in working order. If you login into your account online you can view your usage logs to see if the text is coming in. If it's showing up in the logs then the issue is with your config on your phone.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What did you port over? A mobile number? Landline? VoIP? If it's VoIP, Whatsapp may be finicky. Probably obvious, but wanted to rule it out just in case.

Samich777

I definitely am able to send/receive text and am able to call and receive calls. I just tested everything. Whatsapp has me on a 6 hour timer before I can ask for another verification code. I'll try again this afternoon.

It seems that there is also a call verification option from whatsapp but I never had that option come up.

Will report later.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stonechucker wrote:

@Samich777, have you confirmed incoming txts are working?  If you've ported your number in, it may still be going to your previous carrier.  Calls may also be a concern, but only you will know that.

Was going to say the same thing... 

when end I first ported over outbound calls and texts “worked” so we thought everything was okay.

unfortunately the port did not work so I was not getting anything incoming.... which meant that I could not get WhatsApp and Viber working.

hope things get sort d out 4 you!!

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Samich777, have you confirmed incoming txts are working?  If you've ported your number in, it may still be going to your previous carrier.  Calls may also be a concern, but only you will know that.

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Samich777 wrote:

Hello folks, new to PM. I just ported my number and calling/texting works fine but for some reason I don't receive WhatsApp verification codes via text. Any ideas? Using iPhone 5S.

Try this

1. Delete WhatsApp from your iPhone.
  2. Reboot your iPhone: turn your iPhone off, then turn it back on.
  3. Download the latest version of WhatsApp from the app store.
Need Help? Let's chat.