cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't pay for service

tuborini
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Today my mobile plan was suposed to top off auto, but instead, no top off and PM won't take payment from any of my credit/debit cards.

Since they don't have cust. service all I can do is wait and hope an Angel would come from the skyes and restore my service.

48 REPLIES 48

tuborini

Because on 20.03.2019 when service was down on PM I wrote this.

@tuborini wrote:

Aroud the world SIM cards are free, mobile service with 60GB of data at $20/mo with calling in 120 countries for free.

So do not not criticise or you'll lose your service with Public Mobile.

Only say, Bravo! and Thank You!, when you can't use your phone with them.

Chatr has the same $25/mo unlimited across Canada-unlimited text worldwide, WITH Costumer Service - actual person YOU can talk to.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tuborini wrote:

On 20/03 I wrote this when service with PM was down for days:

@tuborini wrote:

Aroud the world SIM cards are free, mobile service with 60GB of data at $20/mo with calling in 120 countries for free.

Now PM won't take my payment. They don't want my business anymore cause I've criticeised them.

So today, 15.06 they won't take any of my cards as payment.

Great Company Public Mobile-LOL

I would find that extremely unlikely. There are regulars here that make frequent statements about the service. They're still with functioning service. The company wants your money. That's why they exist.

The payment system here has been a big problem for many people for the last while. Not all. I have a balance in my account so I can't say it has always worked for me. Many people are quietly going about their lives with the system working just fine for them.

So you have a choice...work around the problem...or scream and yell that it's not working. Vouchers.

tuborini

On 20/03 I wrote this when service with PM was down for days:

@tuborini wrote:

Now PM won't take my payment. They don't want my business anymore cause I've criticeised them.

So today, 15.06 they won't take any of my cards as payment.

Great Company Public Mobile-LOL

@Anonymous wrote:

@tuborini wrote:

Does not apply!

Public Mobile does NOT take any of my cards. Old plan, new plan----nothing!!!!!!!

Do you still have a card registered or have you removed it in all of this going on?

If it is still there then you could do top ups via the 611 service as mentioned earlier.

If you have no card anymore, then buy from recharge for an extra convenience fee or go out to just about any store that sells gift cards and top up with a voucher. Using the 611 service for that *might* work better than the online self-serve.

PM-Pay1.JPGPM-Pay2.JPG

If all else fails, you'll have to contact a moderator for their assistance...Click this to message them

Please be patient as response times can be up to 48 hours...but usually much less.

Good luck.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@tuborini wrote:

Does not apply!

Public Mobile does NOT take any of my cards. Old plan, new plan----nothing!!!!!!!

Do you still have a card registered or have you removed it in all of this going on?

If it is still there then you could do top ups via the 611 service as mentioned earlier.

If you have no card anymore, then buy from recharge for an extra convenience fee or go out to just about any store that sells gift cards and top up with a voucher. Using the 611 service for that *might* work better than the online self-serve.

@tuborini wrote:

Does not apply!

@tuborini  It's possible that a CC security lock has been triggered on your account and that is why you can't add/change cc info. This lock has to be cleared by the moderator before a cc can be added again. You need to notify th Public Mobile Moderator team to resolve. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Note: Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

* Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team *

tuborini

What do you think??????

Could you make calls with a SUSPENDED ACCOUNT????????

tuborini

Does not apply!

tuborini

Good to know about recharge.com. Thx.

@tuborini wrote:

Account suspended completely.

Have you tried calling *611. Maybe that will rectify your renewal.

tuborini

It said my card wasn't charged, can't verify my cc info, same card I used before and other cards, same mess.

tuborini

Account suspended completely.

@tuborini wrote:

My service is suspended. Has been all day. Tried different credit cards, they won't take payment.

I would check your cards to make sure that they haven't been charged.  Public Mobile sometimes does some strange things wehere they charge the card but then don't add the funds to the account.  That probably didn't happen, but it wouldn't hurt to double-check.

While this may be inconvenient, the fastest way to get your service fixed might be to go to top up voucher retailer and purchase a top up voucher from there.  You can also purchase from recharge.com who will e-mail you a top up code and they happen to accept Paypal.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@tuborini wrote:

Today my mobile plan was suposed to top off auto, but instead, no top off and PM won't take payment from any of my credit/debit cards.

Since they don't have cust. service all I can do is wait and hope an Angel would come from the skyes and restore my service.

For future reference...just before your next renewal date, manually add sufficient funds from your on-file cc to your account to cover your plan cost.

That seems to make the renewal process happy and minimizes the chance of an account renewal upset.

Good luck

@tuborini wrote:

My service is suspended. Has been all day. Tried different credit cards, they won't take payment.

@tuborini  Understood but can you still make calls?

If your plan was up for renewal and your phone is still working you can ignore this message. The temporary plan suspension although confusing is a normal part of Public Mobile's renewal process and in many ways it's best to simply not monitor the account during the renewal process.

If you are not familiar with the Public Mobile renewal process the temporary suspended status could easily cause concern and panic and and cause the customer to take uncecessary actions (Making onetime payments) that ofter result in account suspension possibly requiring moderator intervention and uncessary downtime.

The way the PM renewal process works is as follows:

1. Plan will show "expired" sometime before midnight.
2. Rewards get converted to available funds at midnight, rewards reset and account shows Suspended (temporary).
3. In the early hours, if there any available funds they are credited first then if necessary the AP credit card gets charged to cover the plan cost renewal.
4. Plan gets renewed and the account status changes back to Active.

Note: The change back to active taking much longer the usual lately. Not sure why that is.

tuborini

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@tuborini , is your service still working?  If so, ignore any indications of suspended account, etc.  The system goes through this metamorphosis at renewal time.  In the event that suspension is real and service is not working, then you can contact the moderator tem to restore the account to active status.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.