cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make or receive calls.

AJ2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Help... Everything works but I can't make or receive calls. Just signed up. 

13 REPLIES 13

shskr
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You will have to contact the moderators to get access, you can send them a private message here: link

tamaramcphee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

please help i cant figure out how to get help trouble shooting my phone at first it was the odd call that couldnt get through now its all calls out or in that wont work 

tamara

If you have your mind set on a Moto G3, you'll want to get an XT1540.  That variant will work on any Canadian carrier.

AJ2

Thanks to srlawren for you help snd suggestion. I appreciate it.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AJ2 yes you have fallen prey to the #)(@*#ing inaccurate IMEI checker on PM's site.  Yet another victim.  But looking at the xt1541 spec on gsmarena it is definitely not compabible, since it only has the 900/2100 MHz 3G frequencies used overseas and not the 850MHz/1900MHz used by PM (and Koodo, Telus, Bell, Virgin, Lucky).  Your phone will work with Rogers, Fido, and Chatr, since Rogers still operates a compatbile 2G GSM network, but they are shutting it down at some point in the not-too-distant future (I think in 2020 sometime). 

EDIT:  @Alan_K @Brooke_C @Dave_M I'm tagging you yet again to complain about the broken IMEI checker.  It keeps claiming victims and you need to do something about it.  Please.  I'm begging. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AJ2 wrote:

REALLY... Wow when I checked the IMEI number on the site it said it was compatible. Glad I didn't get a big plan and ported my old number. Thanks a lot for your help. I really appreciate it.

Lots of people are losing money because their site is claiming phones are compatible when they really aren't.

Not cool.

Thanks again for your help

The IMEI seems to only really check for blacklisted. And it does sorta kinda work as it does do 4G LTE which is what the data runs on here. So maybe if you're just looking for data then "well sure come on in that'll work here". 🙂

AJ2

REALLY... Wow when I checked the IMEI number on the site it said it was compatible. Glad I didn't get a big plan and ported my old number. Thanks a lot for your help. I really appreciate it.

Lots of people are losing money because their site is claiming phones are compatible when they really aren't.

Not cool.

Thanks again for your help

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AJ2 wrote:

Just tried what you suggested but it didn't work unfortunately. The sim is in a Moto G3 xt1541 from London.

According to willmyphonework.net it is not compatible with Public Mobile. You can barely do some data but not voice.

AJ2

Just tried what you suggested but it didn't work unfortunately. The sim is in a Moto G3 xt1541 from London.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AJ2 wrote:

Changed it again today just to try something New.

Changed what again?

Edit: Maybe "it" is your number. What exact make/model of phone is the SIM in?

Edit again: You marked your post as the solution. Did whatever you did get you going?

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

AJ2

Changed it again today just to try something New.

AJ2

New number

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AJ2 wrote:

Help... Everything works but I can't make or receive calls. Just signed up. 

Did you port a number over or did you pick a new number?

Need Help? Let's chat.