cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Can’t make or receive calls, but data and texting is fine

I agree, great thread!  I was surprised the answer was so interesting and I learned a lot.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Gene2u wrote:

I agree, great thread!  I was surprised the answer was so interesting and I learned a lot.

Agreed as well. Originally I was thinking it was because the original poster only had province wide calling etc... Which still allows text data to work Canada wide. But then there was no message just dead air and Koodo didn't work either.

Hopefully Telus/Koodo/PM are aware of these LTE only towers if they become widespread in the future we won't be able to use them.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It seems like most new small cells are LTE only, which isn't a problem in cities when there are still HSPA sites in range so a phone will just connect to one of them for a call.. but in rural areas where the LTE site is the only one in range it's not good.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jor123 wrote:

It seems like most new small cells are LTE only, which isn't a problem in cities when there are still HSPA sites in range so a phone will just connect to one of them for a call.. but in rural areas where the LTE site is the only one in range it's not good.

A simple fix would be to allow us to use volte.