cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make calls or use data

Alis877
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey,

I just reactivated my plan but can't make any calls or use my data. When making calls even within my province, I get a message saying I need a long distance add-on. Ive tried taking my sim out and back in, and restarting the phone, but neither solved the issue. Any help would be appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4

@jc11 wrote:

could you please tell me what the stolen/lost phone trick is.  I just returned from holidays (less than 90 days) and I'm having exactly the same issue with the same long distance message.  I have an active plan.  Can't make calls.  Calls incoming go right to voice mail.  Text fine

thanks a bunch

Go in your self-serve account and tab PAYMENT click on PHONE LOST/STOLEN. Close your phone few minutes and open it again and reactivate the service. Let us know if it helped.

jc11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

could you please tell me what the stolen/lost phone trick is.  I just returned from holidays (less than 90 days) and I'm having exactly the same issue with the same long distance message.  I have an active plan.  Can't make calls.  Calls incoming go right to voice mail.  Text fine

thanks a bunch

Alis877
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The stolen trick worked, thanks! For future reference, I did reactivate the same plan, and it was showing that it was currently active. Thanks again for the help.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Alis877 wrote:

Hey,

I just reactivated my plan but can't make any calls or use my data. When making calls even within my province, I get a message saying I need a long distance add-on. Ive tried taking my sim out and back in, and restarting the phone, but neither solved the issue. Any help would be appreciated!

@Alis877Have you tried the lost / stolen trick ?

This seems to solve most issues.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

Can you confirm in self serve the plan you reactivated is the correct one and shows your data add-on and you did not somehow get switched to the $10 plan?

You might find that adding a ”1” to the beginning of your phone call dial might solve the issue. As long as you have minutes left (are not on a limited calling plan) your account may have a provisioning issues where the database of included calling numbers is corrupted. Please reach out to the moderator team and they should be able to reprovision your account.  Click this to send them a message

As for data, we can work on that if the above lost/stolen / confirm account plan and data package. Let us know

Need Help? Let's chat.