cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make calls or texts on new phone?

lake
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just put my new PM nano sim card into my new Samsung s6 phone. I'm a long time PM customer so just did the switch and entered my new Sim card number and it said change was successful.. but when I try to send texts or make calls it keeps saying Not Registered On Network. I don't know what that means.

6 REPLIES 6

@ArleneMacIsaac wrote:

I set up my account 2 weeks ago and not a dam thing works on my phone I want a refund , so i can go to another service provider as this is ridiculous so called customer service. How do i get a refund, I paid $74. I want refund ASAP as this is a joke of a phone company... do you detect some frustration... anger yup. I feel like I should report this as my money was taken and I have no service

Hi,

Sorry you been having problems for sometime.  I did go through each and every post you made on the community and do not see anywhere where you described what has happened and what you have done to rectify it. 

This is a subsidiary of Telus with customer service clearly defined on the website. The community is customers just like you, with a lot of knowledge and experience.

I suggest starting a new topic (Do not put you problem in someone else' post), describe exactly what is happening, what you have done and include any information that you consider pertinent. Also when you receive a response requesting more information, this is to further diagnose your situation, I recommend answering these questions to the best of your ability. If you need clarification on any questions just ask!

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account, just send a private message through the following link, and provide your public mobile phone number and PIN and explain whats going on :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

ArleneMacIsaac

I set up my account 2 weeks ago and not a dam thing works on my phone I want a refund , so i can go to another service provider as this is ridiculous so called customer service. How do i get a refund, I paid $74. I want refund ASAP as this is a joke of a phone company... do you detect some frustration... anger yup. I feel like I should report this as my money was taken and I have no service

jayjay

Good to hear,I as well just upgraded phone and other than having to manually enter APN stuff, seamless.

lake

I THOUGHT it might be locked too. It's a new phone but now it seems to be working . Thanks though!

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@lake wrote:

I just put my new PM nano sim card into my new Samsung s6 phone. I'm a long time PM customer so just did the switch and entered my new Sim card number and it said change was successful.. but when I try to send texts or make calls it keeps saying Not Registered On Network. I don't know what that means.

It sounds like your phone is locked. Is it a new phone or did you buy it used?

EDIT: Try your new sim in another phone that you know is unlocked, this will tell you if it is the phone or the network.

Need Help? Let's chat.