cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get texts from former landline number

johntorgersen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We recently moved from the US and parked our former US landline phone number with Anveo, which forwards calls to our Public Mobile phones really well.

Text messages, however, either forwarded through Anveo, or originating from Anveo's SMS web tool, will fail to reach our Public Mobile phones. I don't even see them on the call history. Other text messages to our phones don't have a problem. They come through.

Wondering if that number, having originally been a landline, might be blocked from sending text messages somehow?

Thank you,

John

8 REPLIES 8

johntorgersen

I received this response from Anveo support:

"Our carrier reported that they need several day[s] to re-activate SMS to Canada, due to Canadian government changed rules for the international SMS"

Thank you to everyone who responded!

kimmycooper
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Do what kselmak says 

johntorgersen

The VOIP option sounds like it has lots of great features. Our account on Anveo is strictly forwarding, at this point (you can add features), and costs us less than USD $3.00 per month.

Thank you for the great suggestion, though.

johntorgersen

Thank you! I'll give TextNow a try.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@johntorgersen 

Sounds good what you are doing. 

I have VoIP.ms paid in US funds. All of our land line calls cost approx. $12 CDN  a month. 

All calls are also forwarded to our 2 Public Mobile phones. So all 3 phones ring for incoming calls. 

This comes in handy when:

We are away from home, we can answer on cell phone.....first one to answer other 2 phones stop ringing. No answer, then home phone picks up answering machine. 

Home phone is in use and second call will go to both cell phones. If cell phone is not answered then message goes to VoIP.ms VM service.  VM can be retrieved from home phone. The VM is also emailed to us as well.  We have a specific email for them that is on both of our iPhones and iPads. 

They  also have free texting. But the text goes to email. A response to the email will text back to the sender. I believe they eventually will charge 1 cent per text.

They also have free number porting for a period of time.

And you can use an app on a smart phone called Zoiper to turn phone into a soft phone and do same as at home with wifi.  

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@johntorgersen, have you thought of sending the texts to your email. According to Anveo's website, this is another option for you as well. 

I did a search, it could possible be your APN settings. See this post from a previous Public Mobile employee!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

In the meantime @johntorgersen try adding the  voip app TextNow and use it over WiFi . Have your Anveo messages forwarded there. If it works, this may be a workaround. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

If you don't see them on history it may be the problem on anveo side.

First contact their customers support. You can contact mediators here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 if you don't get anywhere with them. But their tech support should take a look first

Need Help? Let's chat.