cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get RBC Alerts Text Message

greenmt79
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I use RBC Mastercard and have set up the alert text message service whenever I use the credit card.  I've checked with the RBC agent that it is set up properly.

However, I am not receiving text from RBC.

RBC text number is 722258. 

The RBC agent asked me to text this number, and 'There was an error processing your message' came back to my phone.

The agent has confirmed the alert service is set up properly, and said I need to check with the mobile company since the text didn't go through.

Please help.

9 REPLIES 9

@greenmt79  If you did port....after 72 hrs text HELP to the shortcode number that you are trying to set up....it will text you back if its set up correctly.

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@greenmt79  If you have ported your number into PM, this is normal for 2-3 days (probably as a security feature to avoid SIM high-jacking). You may also not receive short codes for transit, if you use this service as well. If you did not port your number, contact the moderators with the "?" on bottom of screen.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@greenmt79  Did you recently port you number in from another provider? If yes, then it can take up to to hours to start receiving bank verification codes.

If you did not get in your number then submit a ticket to PM and include the test that RBC asked you to do.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@greenmt79 What's the make and model of your phone ? Thanks..

@gblackma wrote:

@Korth , how do you know @greenmt79 is using an iPhone from what was said? Thanks.

@gblackma, I don't know what kind of phone @greenmt79 is using, lol.

But I do know iMessage, RCS, and Signal add extra feature layers into texts. While unimaginative plodding institutions (like RBC) tend to stick with the most stolid and univentive solutions they can buy. Standard proven SMS/MMS should work.

moalkhatib
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

try resetting the network registration. The solution is to insert the SIM card into another phone which will override the network registration on your number. Here’s a quick walkthrough:

1. Take out your SIM card and insert it in another phone.
  2. Turn it ON and wait 2-3 minutes.
  3. Make sure it has a cellular signal before you turn it OFF.
  4. Take out the SIM card again and insert it in the phone that was causing problems.
  5. Turn it on again and wait 2-3 minutes. It should automatically reconfigure the network registration.

@greenmt79 

You should be able to receivve short code texts from RBC.  Maybe try rebooting phone.  Toggle airplane mode on, then off.  

Here is the thread about the short codes that are supported by Public mobile.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/What-short-codes-are-supported-by-Publi...

You may need to contact moderator

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

@Korth , how do you know @greenmt79 is using an iPhone from what was said? Thanks.

@Korth wrote:

Try disabling enhancements like iMessage, RCS, Signal Encryption, etc (whichever one you use).

Send plain old boring SMS/MMS, nothing fancy.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Try disabling enhancements like iMessage, RCS, Signal Encryption, etc (whichever one you use).

Send plain old boring SMS/MMS, nothing fancy.

Need Help? Let's chat.