cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access voicemail

wmccrack
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Help!! I've tried everything here. I must have an unusual problem as there appears to be no answers from SIMon or the community. So I need some knowledgeable person.

I recently started with the $25 Public Mobile plan. The transfer from my previous provider (Speakout 711) did not work properly. No access point name was automatically set up so I initially had no data access. Luckily I was able to set AP names up manually as my wife had started her account at tha same time so I was able to set my phone up by copying her AP settings to my phone. Since then everything has seemed to work perfectly, until now, when I tried to set up my voicemail. When I press and hold "1" on my dial pad, I get a message "call cannot be completed - 8ut1". I suspect that something is left over from my previous plan or just wasn't setup properly.

Apparently I should be able to change the number dialed when I press and hold the 1 key by dialing *5005*86* followed by my telephone number. When I do that I get a message that "Talk is not included in your plan"!!!

As I said I have the $25 plan with Unlimited Talk and 1GB of data etc. . .

Please help. Anybody !!

12 REPLIES 12

@wmccrack Couple more ideas for initializing voicemail:

- dial your number from your phone, follow any prompts

- call your number from a different phone and interrupt the message by pressing *

PM's official help article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-voicemail

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@popping wrote:

PM voicemail number is location specific depending on where you are located.

Any of the currently known voicemail access numbers across Canada will work exactly the same, regardless of your location. Your location, or rather the location of your number, only determines which one PM picks to set your "1" key speed dial by default. Dial any of the numbers in this link to access your voicemail from your mobile, or from another line (after dialing enter your 10 digit number then press * at your announcement):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-Numbers/...

Since @wmccrack's main issue is just the speed dial to access voicemail by holding "1", a workaround could be to just set one of the other speed dial keys. For instance, set "2" to speed-dial 1-306-580-4001, and then you can just hold "2" to listen to your messages instead of "1".

To work properly with PM @wmccrack , the LG line seems to require at least a network reset, which you will get by contacting the moderators and at most a factory reset is required. 

@wmccrack wrote:

LG G6

Phone works perfectly. Just the voicemail access was apparently not set up properly

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wmccrack wrote:

LG G6

Phone works perfectly. Just the voicemail access was apparently not set up properly

I used LG G5 on PM before.

I restarted my G5 with PM SIM card inserted.  You voicemail setting was set up manually configuration.  That is the reason for my earlier suggestion. PM voicemail number is location specific depending on where you are located.

wmccrack

Did that already. Hope Moderator can fix it

wmccrack

LG G6

popping

@wmccrack 

You account may not been provisioned correctly.  Add $1 to you account may trigger PM server to provision your account again.

We can only suggest solution to try.  Only moderator can access you account.  You can create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck.

@wmccrack Could you please post the make and model of your phone? Thanks. 

@wmccrack wrote:

You apparently didn't read my post

wmccrack

You apparently didn't read my post

popping

@wmccrack 

Did you restart your phone after inserting PM SIM?

In addition to setting up the APN, it also setup your call forward setting for voicemail.  

Restart your phone.  Press and hold 1 to dial your voicemail number.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@wmccrack What's the make and model of your phone? Thanks.

@wmccrack wrote:

Help!! I've tried everything here. I must have an unusual problem as there appears to be no answers from SIMon or the community. So I need some knowledgeable person.

I recently started with the $25 Public Mobile plan. The transfer from my previous provider (Speakout 711) did not work properly. No access point name was automatically set up so I initially had no data access. Luckily I was able to set AP names up manually as my wife had started her account at tha same time so I was able to set my phone up by copying her AP settings to my phone. Since then everything has seemed to work perfectly, until now, when I tried to set up my voicemail. When I press and hold "1" on my dial pad, I get a message "call cannot be completed - 8ut1". I suspect that something is left over from my previous plan or just wasn't setup properly.

Apparently I should be able to change the number dialed when I press and hold the 1 key by dialing *5005*86* followed by my telephone number. When I do that I get a message that "Talk is not included in your plan"!!!

As I said I have the $25 plan with Unlimited Talk and 1GB of data etc. . .

Please help. Anybody !!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Sounds like the is an issue with your port.

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help   -> Click on Chat with Simon on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!" 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-voicemail

Need Help? Let's chat.