cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Dial Extensions

Haplo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Everytime I try to dial an extension (number + # + extension) I get a recording saying "hi public mobile here, talk is not available in your plan". Is there a way to fix this?

3 REPLIES 3

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Haplo wrote:

Everytime I try to dial an extension (number + # + extension) I get a recording saying "hi public mobile here, talk is not available in your plan". Is there a way to fix this?

Try calling just the number itself and then when it connects use your phone's dialpad to enter the extension and see if that works.

I used to do what you are doing to call a friend and then his office went and changed their greeting prompt so it wouldn't work anymore (I had to add a longer pause). A few months after that it stopped working again but by then my friend managed to get a direct line so I didn't pursue it any further. 🙂

Regardless, the PM error message seems to be incorrect.

This likely doensn't have to do wnaything with Public Mobile.  If typed into the dialer or called from your contact list, extensions are suppsoed to be dialed after the call is connected.  Public Mobile wouldn't even see or control your extension dialing.  If the number without the extension is going through fine, this means that when you are dialing with extensions, your phone is tyring to send the extension codes too soon, and thus the phone number you are dialing would be considered invalid.  This would be the same with any carrier.

The appropriate short or long pauses would have to be dailed.  The other alternative would obviously be to wait until the call is connected and to then dail the extension manually.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I think programming the pauses in your contacts' phone numbers varies based on your type of phone.  What are you using?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.