Can't Call Out

kwandar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan is the standard $120 per 90 Days, with:

• - 12GB Data
  • - Expired
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk
Today I received a call from a 1-866 number.  When I went to call them back I got "Sorry, talk is not included in your current plan"?!  WTF?!  

I'd like a response from Public Mobile, as I pay for this service (talk), but don't seem to be receiving it?  How do I get them to fix their problem?

8 REPLIES 8

@kwandarNot all 1866 numbers allow you to call toll free when you are in Canada. The numbers in questions are usually in the US and the account holder opted to allow toll free calling only from US based number.

Haha...welcome to Public Mobile. Glad you got it going.

kwandar
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan shows as Active in the account status overview, which makes sense as I've paid in advance and the next period end isn't till Sept.  Yes, I can call out locally.

Just checked and now I can call the 1-866 number too?

Arghh!

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@kwandar wrote:

My plan is the standard $120 per 90 Days, with:

• - 12GB Data
  • - Expired
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk
Today I received a call from a 1-866 number.  When I went to call them back I got "Sorry, talk is not included in your current plan"?!  WTF?!  

I'd like a response from Public Mobile, as I pay for this service (talk), but don't seem to be receiving it?  How do I get them to fix their problem?

Is it possible the 1-866 number is In the U.S.? You would need an ad-on to call the states I think, if that were the case.

justinbeaudoin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey, I had this too the other day... rebooted my phone and could call again. I know it's a simple and obvious thing to try but I am mentioning anyways

@mh1983 wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

Log into My Account...does your plan show Active or Expired ? Try calling a friend locally or long distance..does that call complete ? Be aware you can only call within your province with the plan you have currently.

OP even mentions "Expired" as a bullet item in the initial post. Curious.

Those plan descriptions could say anything really. It's just for informational purposes.  The expired part was something that sneaked into the plan description after Public Mobile stopped offering it to new customers.  I believe it likely to only mean grandfathered price plan.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hairbag1 wrote:

Log into My Account...does your plan show Active or Expired ? Try calling a friend locally or long distance..does that call complete ? Be aware you can only call within your province with the plan you have currently.

OP even mentions "Expired" as a bullet item in the initial post. Curious.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.