cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can send but not receive text messages

dehrlich
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

As of around 6pm this evening I can send but not receive text messages. I have tried all manner of hardware and reconnection fixes. I read a thread on the community indicating that this issue could be caused by an expiring US Roaming addon. Coincidentally, mine expired this evening. Can someone help with this?

Thanks!

I read somewhere that I'm supposed to tag the moderation team if this requires their attention... does this work? @CS_Agent

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@celery the message center number, yep.  🙂  Glad to hear it's all working now!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

celery
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Mod team was able to push something to my phone which fixed everything. Appreciate the help!

celery

Thanks for the advice. I have sent a message as you suggested, waiting to hear back. 

srlawren

@celery send the moderator team a private message using this link.  Include your phone number and a description of the issue, ask them to push the message center number to your phone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

celery

I'm actually in the same situation. My US data plan doesn't expire until tomorrow. I'm back home now but I'm unable to receive incoming SMS messages. I have tried rebooting my phone but no success so far. 

Hoping someone from @CS_Agent will see this and be able to help me out. 

srlawren

@Michael77 more like "patience to the rescue" 🙂  but thanks anyway!

@dehrlich glad to hear it's working now.  cheers!

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@dehrlich or, wait 12-24 hours and it should resolve itself.  Try rebooting in the morning and re-testing, and if still not working, do that again around 6pm

@srlawren to the rescue. 🙂

dehrlich
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@srlawren wrote:

@dehrlich or, wait 12-24 hours and it should resolve itself.  Try rebooting in the morning and re-testing, and if still not working, do that again around 6pm

This seemed to work. I can receive messages now. Thanks.

wendigo

ask mod to port it for you. for mine, it took 1 hour.

srlawren

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

This is easier Robot LOL: click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number and an explanation.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Private messaging is needed so the moderator team can get the account information so they know what account to work on.  

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Yes. That will suffice

Need Help? Let's chat.