cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can receive SMS but unable to send even with APN changes

atbrnr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a $10 plan, but cannot seem to get SMS to send. Receiving SMS works just fine.

Have tried on two phones but no luck whatsoever even with the APN and SMSC set accordingly. Trying with a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and Blackberry Bold 9900 (yeap). I suspect this might be an account issue — it was initially on a $40 plan but I switched it to $10 a few months ago. Never had to send SMS from it so not sure when this issue started occuring.

No issues with another PM plan ($40 4.5GB).

14 REPLIES 14

I pulled my Samsung Galaxy Nexus out about a month ago to help someone set up on Public Mobile, for a plan without the limited SMS.  Had absolutely no issue with SMS or sending/receiving texts or voice calls.  The MMS also worked without issue, but I imagine that's because it was still on Android Cupcake, as it's been out of date for service updates for a long time.

atbrnr

@Anonymous yup, my account already has funds, but I added $1 anyway as suggested but the issue still persists.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@atbrnr wrote:

@Jessica_T no luck after resuming suspension.

@atbrnr

Did you try the extra $1 payment I suggested earlier?

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@atbrnr wrote:

@atbrnrThanks for letting us know. The moderator team will respond to you a soon as they can.

atbrnr

Jessica_T

@atbrnr wrote:

Okay, I'll give this a shot as well, thanks.

@atbrnrLet us know after you try it please, if it worked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@atbrnr wrote:

@atbrnr

Failing that then there's another workaround that has been known to get things going.

Manually add another $1 to your account and then restart the phone.

atbrnr

Jessica_T

@atbrnr wrote:

I will PM the mod team and see if we can get to the bottom of this.

@atbrnrYou will have to wait days for them to respond. During this period of waiting give this trick a shot. It may not fix the issue but has fixed numerous other problems here.

1. Report your phone lost/stolen in the self service account under Plans and Add-ons, Lost/Stolen Phone and logout.  Wait 5-10 minutes.  Re-login and report phone found.  Reboot your phone. 

atbrnr

I have barely used the plan. Here is my current usage:

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 8.51.23 PM.png

I will PM the mod team and see if we can get to the bottom of this.

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

What plan is it?    Perhaps over the limit..! ? 

Have you try the working sim on those non-working phone, if still not working, its account related issue.  

@atbrnr wrote:

I have a $10 plan, but cannot seem to get SMS to send. Receiving SMS works just fine.

Have tried on two phones but no luck whatsoever even with the APN and SMSC set accordingly. Trying with a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, and Blackberry Bold 9900 (yeap). I suspect this might be an account issue — it was initially on a $40 plan but I switched it to $10 a few months ago. Never had to send SMS from it so not sure when this issue started occuring.

If your issue is with SMS, don't even bother looking at APN settings. They have nothing to do with text messaging.

If your SMSC is set correctly, and I know you've already looked, then this is most definitely an account issue.

Public Mobile staff can be contacted below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

After you send them a message, they'll reply back with a link to click on that pretty much logs you into your self-serve account, or at the very least, double check to see if you know the password to your account.  They do this to make sure that you are the account owner.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@atbrnr wrote:

The Nexus might have used up a bunch of your alotted texts leaving you with nothing. Check on your overview if you do not see the line item about texts underneath in the lower area.

Or permissions need to be set so tha you can send.

Or your account needs to be re-started.

Edit: Re-reading your post...I see you switched some months ago.

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Jessica_T

@atbrnr wrote:

@atbrnrAPN should make no difference for SMS, MMS is where the APN is required. When you send an SMS does the phone say it has been sent or does it display an error? If the phone does send the message but the other party does not receive it do you see it in self serve under usage history? Have you tried to send SMS to more than 1 person? What is the result of sending a SMS to yourself? What is the result of sending an MMS?

Does your account overview show you have used 0/50 text messages under My Data & Add-Ons?

sms.png

Need Help? Let's chat.