cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not receive calls

RedLegends
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I just hooked up with public 10 hrs ago. I ported my number over from Virgin pay as you go. I cansend and receive texts, go on the internet and make calls. I can not receive calls. Can snyone help. I need to receive also.
18 REPLIES 18

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Great, thanks and enjoy yours too.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @JaK

@RedLegends issue has been resolved 🙂

Thanks for the tag! Enjoy your day,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @RedLegends

I see @Mary_M is online today, maybe she can pick up where @Shazia_K left off with you.

RedLegends

I have activated my Virgin mobile pay as you go for text only which means if I receive calls it will cost me. I took the cheapest plan there so phone is still active. I really need this fixed today! I am told it is poor adicate to contact any support person in the community for help other then the original one you first delt with but this needs to be done and refuse to wait until they are online again to help. This is the long weekend and I need my phone active. I need incoming calls

RedLegends

Thank you 🙂

Right, then it seems you are stuck for now. Unfortunately, Virgin transfers have been problematic from time to time.

I will check in tomorrow to see if the moderators have connected with you.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

RedLegends

Not my luck 😞

This is the message I received: 

We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance.

Log into your self serve account then under Plan and Add-ons go to the Change Phone Number tab. There you can select Transfer a number and fill in the required info. 

Good luck.

RedLegends

how do I initiate the transfer from my mobile acct. I will give it a shot and if all else fails with wait until tomorrow. Thank you for your support btw

Sounds like a catch 22; you cannot transfer (port) a phone number unless the account is active. There will be not action by the moderators until tomorrow. You may have to purchase some additional time from Virgin. PM does not give refunds; it's a prepaid servive after all.

If the transfer was held up because you needed to enter the Virgin account number, you could try initiating the transfer once more from your Public Mobile account.

Sorry; don't think the forum members will be able to help you.

Good luck tomorrow.

RedLegends

The reason I asked for my Acct number is when I was in contact with Shazia K another person by the name of Kalla contacted me also, I thought she was taking over Shazia spot so I continued. She asked for my Virgin Acct number to resend request to port. When I tried to get back to her I could no longer get through, that is when I posted a help in the community. I have sent the info to Shazia via pm, I really hope to get this resolved by tomorrow. If not is what is the process of getting a refund.

RedLegends

I rebooted my phone, my virgin sim still works but unless I purchase time for it I will not be able to make or receive calls with it. I perfer not to since I just spent a bunch with Public

I do appreciate how stressful it can be, especially when trying to connect with children.

The moderators will not be available until tomorrow. This will notify the others @Kalla_A @Mary_M who can connect with you tomorrow if Shazia has the day off. If you do not have contact by noon let us know.

Meanwhile, if you need to make phone calls try an application like that from fongo.com. It provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi. If you create an account tonight you could email it to them to use if they cannot reach you on your old number. It is my personal emergency backup. BUT as I said your Virgin SIM may still be functional for incoming calls.

We may still be able to give you some help tonight if you follow the suggestions I made earlier, and report the results. Also, telling us what information/questions Shazia gave you (but NOT any of your private info) would also assist us to understand what is happening.

RedLegends
I was speaking with Shazia through private message. I understand I should continue with that person. But when replies stop you kind of get stressed having no in coming calls. It is a long weekend here and I need my phone so my children can contact me. I am not sure the hours of operation for Public mobile support is. Can you understand how stressful this is

I have no idea why you asked for that.

Please review/try my suggestions including checking your private messages. Then let us know where you stand.

RedLegends
I just recieved my acct number with virgin. Is there a way to put it in my set up. Maybe that will fix it

Hi there @RedLegends. I just noticed that Shazia responded to your earlier post here:                              Re: Activation Failed - Payment Succeeded                              ...

It is considered poor etiquette to post multiple times for the same issue; plus no one knows which is the best place to communicate with you.

In case you are not familiar with privare messaging, have a look here Private Messages - viewing and creating. Then check for a message to you from Shazia.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Sounds as though your port from Virgin has been delayed. Couple of things to try:

a) reboot your phone to see if PM service is now ok, and

b) put the Virgin SIM back into the phone to see if it still works.

Do not cancel your Virgin account; a successful port will do that automatically.

Let us know what happens.

Need Help? Let's chat.