Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not active my new SIM card; Can not reset my password

davpm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I opened a PM account in October, 2017.

I forgot the password, and the system only gives this error:

"ForgotPassword/LoginUnsuccessfulUser_LoginDisabled"

I tried incognito mode, different browser, clearing cache and so on, but nothing works.

Second problem is I can not activate a new SIM card I purchased last year. Since the old PM account did not work, I tried to create a new account by activating the new SIM card. But the box where I enter the SIM # becomes red when I try to submit it. This is a brand new SIM card that I never used btw.

Lastly, can I still use the old SIM card used last year? It's not active, but I want to transfer my current phone number using this old SIM card. Will I need a new SIM card if I want to transfer number?

Thank you,

13 REPLIES 13

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@davpm SIM cards are essentially single use.  So, you activate it for a month, then let the account go suspended at the end of that month.  90 days after that, the account was permanently closed.  Once that happens, that account is no longer usable, and the SIM card that was attached to it is not re-usable even with a new account.

What you need to do now is purchase a new SIM card and activate a new account, then you can port over your phone number from your current provider.

@srlawren: I seem to think there was somebody a little while ago that had an old account deactivated and gone and then went about making a new account and it maybe somehow linked up with the old account via using the same email address and then renewed him.

Is this a thing? Something to watch out for? Have you seen other things like this in your time here?

@Anonymous honestly I'm not sure, that's a good question.  @Luddite@imm1304@NDesai @ShawnC13 @will13am @Rockdaddy22 any of you kind gents know if this is something to worry about?  

Good question, no idea.  No experience myself.  I do know that accounts don't really disappear ever.  With the right fairy dust, they could possibly be rescued from the dead.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@davpm SIM cards are essentially single use.  So, you activate it for a month, then let the account go suspended at the end of that month.  90 days after that, the account was permanently closed.  Once that happens, that account is no longer usable, and the SIM card that was attached to it is not re-usable even with a new account.

What you need to do now is purchase a new SIM card and activate a new account, then you can port over your phone number from your current provider.

@srlawren: I seem to think there was somebody a little while ago that had an old account deactivated and gone and then went about making a new account and it maybe somehow linked up with the old account via using the same email address and then renewed him.

Is this a thing? Something to watch out for? Have you seen other things like this in your time here?

@Anonymous honestly I'm not sure, that's a good question.  @Luddite@imm1304@NDesai @ShawnC13 @will13am @Rockdaddy22 any of you kind gents know if this is something to worry about?  

I have never heard of this scenario either.

It would be bizarre to see autolinking of 2 different account numbers that use 2 different sim cards and phone numbers (presumably).  I wouldnt worry about this issue. 

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

Nope, never heard such thing. I myself used the same email that was used on an old test account. The system allowed me to use it and it had no such link between the old and new account. 

srlawren

@Anonymous wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

davpm

That clear things up. 

Thank you!

srlawren

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

davpm

Ah that explains. I only used PM for a month or so for my guest who was to stay. I did not use and pay regularly. Now, I want to change my carrier to PM and will pay regularly. 

I’ll just get a new SIM card and open a new account. 

But some questions. 

If I use the old SIM card will I still be able to use it to activate and transfer number from previous carrier? Others here say once SIM card is activated its number is stuck on the SIM. But you mentioned the PM number will no longers be held after 90 days. 

Thank you!

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@davpm, sorry to say but your OP is really confusing.  So you opened the account in 2017.  Have you been paying regularly to keep the account in active status?  If you stop paying and the account goes into suspension for greater than 90 days, the account deactivates and the phone number is no longer retrievable.  Is that what happened in your case.  If not, then a password reset will get you back into your account and you should be able to manage the self serve and do whatever you need to do in the account. 

As for activating the new SIM card, if there was an entry error on first attempt, the system seems to lock out the SIM card for little while.  A second attempt an hour later may work. 

davpm

That’s very kind of you. I already sent a private message to moderator last night but no response so far. 

Maybe I’ll just buy a new SIM card and make a new account since I need to transfer my number from previous carrier anyways. 

popping

@davpm

If you keep your PM account active for last year, your number is safe at PM.

I tested the password reset function/link of the login page yesterday night around 10pm mountain time.  I received the password change email withing couple minutes and changed my password of my account. 

Try to reset password again. 

If it fails again, send a private message to moderator for help.

Click the following link to send a private message to Community Moderators to ask for help.
Please include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

davpm

Thanks for reply.

Yes, I'm well aware that PM is a prepaid service.

Are you saying that even if I don't miss the payment, after 1 year the transferred number will be returned to the originating carrier?

I tried every brower with everything cleared, and nothing worked. I did not get specific error message, but when I pressed "submit" the box where I entered SIM# turned to red as I said.

popping

@davpm

PM is a prepaid service.  Your number and your account will be canceled 90 days after missing a payment.  After almost 1 year, your number was returned to the originating carrier and your PM account had been canceled.

SIM card can only be activated once and cannot be used again.

Did you got the general error when you tried to active your new SIM card?

If yes, clear cache, restart browser and activate your new SIM again.  I used Opera and Chrome browser on WIndows 10.  Both works after restart browser.

Need Help? Let's chat.