cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I transfer credit available to another line or open a second line in the account?

Purplelily
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have done some research and those old discussions back 2016-2017 says NO to either

I am planning to port out as Koodo offered a better plan with hardware tab option. but I do have 25 referral credit sitting in the account. Can I transfer to my family member's account or can I open another line under this account to use the credit???

thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

Zhuoyu
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@PurplelilyThe answer is NO. If people are allowed to do this, someone may take advantage of this policy by activating a lot of new phone numbers during the $25 referal promotion and then transfer all the balances of these new numbers into one account. 

Purplelily
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you and I will try...........

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Purplelily wrote:

I have done some research and those old discussions back 2016-2017 says NO to either

I am planning to port out as Koodo offered a better plan with hardware tab option. but I do have 25 referral credit sitting in the account. Can I transfer to my family member's account or can I open another line under this account to use the credit???

thanks,

I would contact the mods and ask.  As you are going to a sister company and trying to give this to a family member they maybe able to do something for you.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Transfering balance to another customer would strictly be on a goodwill basis and could only possibly be done by the moderators.  You can ask but it really depends on who you get to look at your request and if they can or are willing to do it. YMMV.  You can ask.

As for opening up another line in your account to use up the credit:  sorry, but absolutely impossible.  To elaborate further and as to not provide such a blunt answer, when you port your phone number out, the Public Mobile account automatically closes and any balances are forfeited.  There is also no way to have 2 lines active in a single Public Mobile account, so there also would be no way to use the credit up by doing that. 

Need Help? Let's chat.