cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I re-register my current Wind SIM Card?

jmapark91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I am currently with WIND Mobile and would like to port over to Public Mobile.

Do I have to purchase a brand new SIM card in order to do this, or can I just use the same SIM card and re-register under Public mobile?

I tried entering the Wind SIM card number I am using right now in the "Public Mobile Web Activation" page, but it says invalid SIM card number.

I want to purchase the plan today, so let me know ASAP.

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9

@tqlam Some info in case you haven't had time to peruse porting issues:

- do not request the port-in during activation; take a temporary number, log out, confirm all services are active, log back into your account and select Transfer Number under Change Phone Number

- do not use any identifier except your Wind account number; it is always the best item for any port-in request. It must be EXACTLY the same as shown in your Wind account

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be EXACTLY as it appears on your Wind bill

- do not use your Wind number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your Wind number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your Wind account; that will happen automatically

Once you have inititiated the port-in your Wind SIM will continue to work until the transfer finishes. You will be able to make outgoing calls on the PM SIM during the transition, but incoming calls will go to Wind. If you cannot receive incoming calls after 3 hours raise a new thread here in the forum.

If you purchased your phone from Wind it must be paid in full to transfer your number, and must be unlocked to connect to PM's network.

Apologies if you already knew all this stuff. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

tqlam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I ordered a SIM late last Friday and got it this Tuesday.   Once you got the new SIM, activation only takes a few minutes.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jmapark91 glad to hear you're making the move!  Welcome soon to PM.  Would you mind marking one of the replies as the solution to your question?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jmapark91

Great. Thank you for super quick replies!

If ou're in Ontario, probably next day.  Estimates are 1-3 business days, if ordered before 11:30 am Eastern.

jmapark91

Thank you!

I purchased the SIM card.

It said XpressPost, but do you know how long it takes?

jmapark91

Great. Thank you!

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi,

You will need a new SIM card from Public Mobile.

SIM cards are programmed to work with only a specific network/carrier.

Cheers,

Neil

vbobo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

YOu have to purchase there sim card online and wait for it to come to you in the mail. I'm with wind doing the exact same thing! Sim should be in today or tomorrow for me

Need Help? Let's chat.