cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have multiple SIM cards activated under same account?

ryanwoo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

How can I activate another SIM card (for my child) under my existing account? Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

@oldhoncho 

The closest work around is using an email alias but that still requires two logins. I could be wrong but i believe all prepaid  mobile accounts are set up this way. Generally you would need to have a postpaid service to have more than one service on one account. I think the savings are worth the minor inconvenience of having to log in to two separate accounts. I realize its your minor child but its a privacy issue as the self serve accounts at public mobile contain a significantly more info on the users phone use and habits than other providers online accounts.

Edit: Just in case you would like to add your request.....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Community/The-Community-s-Public-Mobile-Wishlist/m-p/...

oldhoncho
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thank you for the response and edification

there must be some way to kick SOMEBODY in the ass that can understand the issue, and fix it; quite frankly this issue was nearly the straw that broke the camels back for me; I will be looking for other carriers; I would not have set up my original account had I known of this shortcoming, but when I got to my second SIM activation, I was past the proverbial point of no return

Anonymous
Not applicable

@oldhoncho 

I don't think it's an issue to be fixed. It's just how it is. The speed at which things get changed around here is glacial. Someone made up an unofficial wishlist thread around here somewhere if you wish to add your suggestion. This thread is last from 2016. The "issue" has been around at least that long.

Good luck.

oldhoncho
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

evidently the answer at this time is "NO"  -  my question: is there any thing being done to fix this issue; there is no reason more than one SIM, registered to a different account number cant be used under the same user name; it is ridicules that a separate "USER" account is necessary to have more than one phone number (SIM account) under the same USER; paying for each phone number (SIM)  is not an issue

please fix this; it is a pain in the ass that it is necessary to do a separate USER log in to access info for separate accounts just because a person uses more than one phone - Eg. one for the husband and one for a dependent

@ryanwoo This workaround may make your management of 2, or more, accounts easier: Multi account.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ryanwoo wrote:

got it, thanks.

Welcome.

Don't forget to grab the Refer-a-Friend Reward of $1 for the 30 day plan or $3 for the 90 day plan.

ryanwoo
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

got it, thanks.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Unfortunately it is not possible to have multiple Sim cards under the same account. 

You have to activate the other Sim card with a different e-mail address but the payment can come from your credit card.

Need Help? Let's chat.