Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can *611 reps access customers' files?

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

I have read a number of posts from customers, who have called *611 only to be told by reps that they don't have access to customers' accounts.

I, too, have encountered the same problem, being told to email PM.

If the reps truly don't have access to customer accounts, then what exactly can they do and cannot do? This question is non-rhetorical.

In one case, a rep did not know the operating hours of the call centre! Considering that she didn't know them, I would be extremely surprised if she had the technical knowledge to resolve a problem that I, myself, couldn't solve.

10 REPLIES 10

Martin
Legend
Legend
benwarez,

I'm aware that they have to follow their training. That's why I asked that a moderator reply.

That being said, I'm quite certain that changing my phone number without my permission, and making a comment about customers spending all their money on beer is in no one's job description.

benwarez
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
care reps and techs have to do their jobs they are paying for ,following the appropriate training they received.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Yet another example:

When I was new to the world of cellphones, I called the toll-free number to inquire about prepaid and postpaid.

The rep said that the main advantage of prepaid was not waiting for customers to pay their bill after spending all their money on beer.

Makes one wonder what the attitude and motivation of other reps are if they think I'm drunk when I call.

Martin
Legend
Legend
chuckdefatey,

This occurred close to 2 years ago, and my Vonage account is closed.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Another case: I was visiting a local Walmart, when I came across the PM section that had a sign saying, "Free Voicemail". There was no expiry date on it, or any indication that it was time - limited.

I called *611 to request free VM. The rep replied that free VM was time - limited, and that it had expired. I politely countered that the sign had made no mention of the above. He then agreed to add free VM, for 1 month, to my account.

After doing so, he advised me of my new phone number! When I asked him why he had changed my number, he replied that a promotion could not be added to an existing account, which sounded like an illogical reply.

As far as I am concerned, it was pure vindictiveness on his part to change my number, and inform me of same only at the end.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^Log into your self serve account along with your Vonage account number and put in a Port request the worse that could happen is it will Fail but it almost certain you will be fine but expect it to take a week and max 15 days.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Case in point: I called *611 to ask if I could port my Vonage number to PM. I was told that would not be possible as PM did not have an agreement with Vonage. Believing that the rep was right, and not having a PM email address or knowledge of the Community, I relinquished my Vonage number in favour of a new PM number.

Maybe PM needs to reexamine that decision, as That's shocking, to a varied degree 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi benwarez,

I should have been more specific.

For GRANDFATHERED customers, such as myself, what are *611reps supposed to be doing and not doing, according to their job description.

I believe only a moderator can accurately reply to my post.

Thank you for your reply in any case.

benwarez
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Customer care reps cannot, at all pull new customers accounts on their PCs, no need to dial *611 or PM Toll free number, they will be told to file an email or ask their questions through this Community, care reps and techees
have their hands tied when it comes to new customers, they don't have access to new customers info.
Need Help? Let's chat.