cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls to newly ported number goto old carrier

DukeNukem
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I believe i entered wrong PIN from old carrier ... i have correct PIN from old carrier now but need to update the PIN to complete the porting.

6 REPLIES 6

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DukeNukem wrote:

The sim card number port completed today and until then i used old sim until it stopped working ..as directed from this forum i popped in the PM sim & all works fine. Thanx all.

Thanks for your update.  Enjoy your new service with PM

DukeNukem

The sim card number port completed today and until then i used old sim until it stopped working ..as directed from this forum i popped in the PM sim & all works fine. Thanx all.

@DukeNukem wrote:

Carrier was speakout so i have to use the PIN 

Good to know.  Please use the instructions provided earlier to contact Moderator_Team.

DukeNukem

Carrier was speakout so i have to use the PIN 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Hello @DukeNukem.

From which carrier to you want to port your number? Yourself or in store? Give us more details please...

@DukeNukem wrote:

I believe i entered wrong PIN from old carrier ... i have correct PIN from old carrier now but need to update the PIN to complete the porting.

Calls going to your old carrier just means that you number has not been ported over.  Usually, I would say to wait a few hours, but since you entered the wrong PIN number, it probably will fail.

Which carrier are you coming from?  Unless it's from Speakout 711 or Petro Canada,  It's generally a bad idea to use the PIN number for porting (I've read that you need to use both IMEI and PIN for those).  It's almost always best to use the account number, and nothing else.  So, do yourself a favor and get the account number from your old carrier if you don't already have it. 

Send a message to Public Mobile explaining that you used the wrong PIN number for porting.  They will resubmit another request for you as soon as (or if) the original request has failed. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.