cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Calls sound fuzzy and distorted

People I call are telling me I sound like a robot when I speak via voice call. For the most part I can hear them fine but the odd time they will cut out then return as well. I'm in Cobourg, ON and want to know if there is an issue with the network or if its me? I thought Telus was the best for network coverage but this is proving to be quite frustrating. I switched from Bell where I had absolutely not problems with text or voice calls (I switched because of the savings) but this is making me wonder if I need to go to go back. Please let me know if anyone has any info. Thanks!!

Mayor / Maire

Re: Calls sound fuzzy and distorted

@paulkdavison  hi do you have another phone to try your sim in?

Oracle

@paulkdavison, Telus = Bell, Bell = Telus.  In fact, Telus owns no towers in Ontario.  The two companies share towers.  Switching between these two brands should have zero effect on coverage.  That said, it is possible that you were using VoLTE with Bell.  Public Mobile does not have access to VoLTE.  This can change voice qualify. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You may try and check the coverage map to see if you're at the fringe zone

Mayor / Maire

If this turns out to be the right answer, nice catch @will13am .

@will13am wrote:

@paulkdavison, Telus = Bell, Bell = Telus.  In fact, Telus owns no towers in Ontario.  The two companies share towers.  Switching between these two brands should have zero effect on coverage.  That said, it is possible that you were using VoLTE with Bell.  Public Mobile does not have access to VoLTE.  This can change voice qualify. 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

maybe phone has issue..  or signjal.  try another phone

Mayor / Maire

volte.PNG

@will13am wrote:

Mayor / Maire

@chuck_gradyyour screenshot is no longer relevant as Apple has disabled that selection. It is part of the carrier profile, so end user cannot change it.

Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 4.45.01 PM.png

Mayor / Maire

@chuck_grady good luck with that:  PM doesn't support VoLTE

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Mayor / Maire

@GinYVR wrote:

@chuck_gradyyour screenshot is no longer relevant as Apple has disabled that selection. It is part of the carrier profile, so end user cannot change it.

Screen Shot 2019-07-10 at 4.45.01 PM.png

OK. Just a thought.