cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls being made while phone is OUT OF COUNTRY!

sailorboy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello

I flew out on October 31.

To date TWO phone calls have shown up in my usage list that ORIGINATE at MY number and go to a number that is unknown to me.

Since I am out of country my phone can not connect to a service provider (can not roam). Hence the phone is turned off and has been since I boarded the flight.

It is impossible for me to have made these two calls.

What is going on?

6 REPLIES 6

@sailorboy In the article mentioned by @88cranston : "A maximum of 10 messages can be stored, with a maximum duration of 5 minutes each. Messages on your mailbox will be automatically deleted after 10 days. "

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can check your Voicemail in two ways:

• From your phone dial your phone number or press and hold 1, enter your    password and follow the prompts.

• From a land line or other mobile phone dial your phone number, press Star key (*), then enter your password and follow the prompts.

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sailorboy wrote:

How long do voice mails remain on the system prior to being retrieved?

I can’t answer that. But I think my Telus prepaid hang around for 7 or 10 days. 

But can you not call into you voicemail from a land line or an app over Wi-Fi?

sailorboy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How long do voice mails remain on the system prior to being retrieved?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@sailorboy wrote:

Hello

I flew out on October 31.

To date TWO phone calls have shown up in my usage list that ORIGINATE at MY number and go to a number that is unknown to me.

Since I am out of country my phone can not connect to a service provider (can not roam). Hence the phone is turned off and has been since I boarded the flight.

It is impossible for me to have made these two calls.

What is going on?

If the number of those calls ends in 4001 then those are PM's voicemail notice.  You won't be charged for anything as PM doesn't have roaming outside of the US. 

If you are on limited minute plan, retrieving voicemail calls will use up some of those minutes.

Need Help? Let's chat.