cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls Drop After ~30 Seconds of Ringback

alleycrai
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I'm calling out, if the call is not answered within ~30 seconds the call drops. I've been able to replicate this trouble using my Wife's Koodo phone. The only difference with Koodo is that she gets a recording "6UT1 this number cannot be completed as dialed" AFTER ~30 seconds of ringback. 

Strange bit here is that other Public Mobile/Koodo/TELUS can ring the same number listen to 60 seconds of ringback and then be forwarded to voicemail. Trouble is happening when calling multiple numbers. 

7 REPLIES 7

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@alleycrai wrote:

When I'm calling out, if the call is not answered within ~30 seconds the call drops. I've been able to replicate this trouble using my Wife's Koodo phone. The only difference with Koodo is that she gets a recording "6UT1 this number cannot be completed as dialed" AFTER ~30 seconds of ringback. 

Strange bit here is that other Public Mobile/Koodo/TELUS can ring the same number listen to 60 seconds of ringback and then be forwarded to voicemail. Trouble is happening when calling multiple numbers. 

@alleycrai  That sounds like there might be an issue with how your account has been provisioned or your sim card is messed up. My recommendation would be to submit a ticket to PM and ask them to check your account. To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@alleycrai contact moderators, click the link in my previous message

alleycrai

Other Public Mobile users can call the same number and listen to 60 seconds of ringback before CFNA kicks in.

@alleycrai I'm guessing this is just the way public works. if the number you are calling doesn't have voicemail setup it just disconnects after 30 seconds

alleycrai

thing is - if the call is picked up before ~30 seconds then the call proceeds as normal. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@alleycrai interesting, I need to test this out. maybe that's just the way the service works... moderators would know more about it. you can contact them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@alleycrai wrote:

This could be because of the area code you are dialling is not recognized by Telus as a number to be dialled through. Some new area codes do not seem to work with Public/Telus phones. 

Need Help? Let's chat.