cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling add-on not working

katebeau
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I purchased a 200 minute add-on last week and even though the usage page says it's active, I can't make or receive calls at all. The plan I chose was text and data, and I bought the minutes separately.

Incoming calls go directly to my voicemail and outgoing calls give me a message from PM saying my plan doesn't include calling (again, the add-on page says the minutes are active). Nothing I've done has worked, including power cycling and removing my SIM card.
8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@katebeau great news!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

katebeau
Yep, she fixed it no problem. The add-on is still on my account but I now have provincial calling and she reset me within hours.

srlawren

Hi @katebeau,

Welcome to Public Mobile!  Sorry for this confusion--I actually thought Public Mobile had updated the self-serve system to prevent someone trying to purchase a long-distance add-on when they don't have Talk as part of their plan, but I guess they have not.  This is very frustrating indeed.

Was @Mary_M able to get your plan fixed up okay?  Please give us a brief update when you have a moment.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Yes, I'll look into it 🙂

Can you send me your number via private message ?

Thank you

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

katebeau
Hi there! I understand now how it works; I'm new to picking and choosing plan options. Would it be possible to have the add-on removed and have talk properly added to my account?

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @katebeau

Sorry to hear that you're unable to use your talk services.

In order for them to work, you actually need a basic talk plan. If you only have a text & data plan, with a 400 long-distance minutes add-on, you will not be able to make/receive calls.

I hope this clarifies,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Rockdaddy22
If @Mary_M or anyone else could help her fix her plan that would be great. She's not able to make any calls at the moment.

ute1978
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

For the talk add on you need a talk feature. Which means at least province-wide calling.

Need Help? Let's chat.