cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling BC Hydro outage line

kmking25
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Trying to call BC Hydro mobile number outage line, *49376, I get a recording from Public Mobile that say I don't have Talk on my plan. Looks like public moble does not reconize this as being a real number. Bummer when you are trying to report a power outage.

8 REPLIES 8

@LovesToPM wrote:

@kmking25 wrote:

I have unlimited talk and text. Also I should be able to use the mobile # given out by bc hydro and not just the 800 # which is typically busy

Have you checked their website? You can also report an outage from BC hydro website

Yeah, and when you go their site, in all likelihood you'll PROBABLY find that the outage is already listed on there.....

@kmking25 wrote:

I have unlimited talk and text. Also I should be able to use the mobile # given out by bc hydro and not just the 800 # which is typically busy

Have you checked their website? You can also report an outage from BC hydro website

Report an outage

First, check whether we're already aware of your power outage.Report by phone or online

If your power outage isn’t listed, let us know that the power is out. Call 1 800 BCHYDRO (1 800 224 9376) or *HYDRO (*49376) on your mobile.

If you're logged into MyHydro, you can also report your power outage online. If you don’t have an online account, you’ll need to call to report your outage.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@kmking25 wrote:

Trying to call BC Hydro mobile number outage line, *49376, I get a recording from Public Mobile that say I don't have Talk on my plan. Looks like public moble does not reconize this as being a real number. Bummer when you are trying to report a power outage.

That recording happens to me occasionally too. I'll hang up and redial...usually self-corrects after a few attempts. Maybe try a bit later if it's not an emergency. If it is...call your local RCMP.

kmking25

kmking25

I have unlimited talk and text

@srlawren wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

@kmking25 wrote:

You can call 1 800-BCHYDRO (1 800-224-9376)

@kmking25 do be aware that if you have a plan with limited outbound calling mins, calling a toll-free line does still count against your airtime mins. Just an FYI.  

@kmking25...if you do have a plan with limited outgoing calling feature...consider getting the $5 / 500 minutes of Canada wide calling add-on. In addition to your regular plan you can spend $5 and get 500 minutes of calling and those minutes don't expire but roll over until you use them up...even if that takes several months or longer. It's a great addition to the limited calling plans.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LovesToPM wrote:

@kmking25 wrote:

@kmking25 do be aware that if you have a plan with limited outbound calling mins, calling a toll-free line does still count against your airtime mins. Just an FYI.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@kmking25 wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.