cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call failed message

supergoalie05
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just activated my account.  I did not port an old phone number.  I cannot make outgoing calls (I get a “call failed message”) and when someone tries to make incoming calls to my number it goes straight to voicemail?

In addition to that, I lost service for approximately 12 hours straight but the other cell users in my home had no issues. 

Please advise?  

7 REPLIES 7

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jk6   First use the down arrow top right of your post and edit/delete your account number as you're posting on a community public forum and this is a 3yr old thread started by another customer.  Don't post any personal info here but you can start a new thread and ask for advice or suggestions from other customers on this forum.

If you have been in touch with customer support agents, then you need to respond to the message from the agent which would have been received in your private message box top right next to your avatar.

You can also use the following link to send another private message to CS_Agent (PM employee) here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

jk6

Hi 

I have checked all the items above.  Another agent determined the old phone number has not been cancelled by Telus and was going to re-do that for me.  He wanted the account number and I have it now   20104723

Can you re-set the request to cancel the old account please?

supergoalie05

The issue was a device defeat.  Thank you so much for all the assistance.

@supergoalie05 wrote:

It is a new (refurbished) phone recently purchased through an authorized seller so no previous experience with any provider with this phone.  It is an iPhone 6s Plus.  Service is in and out.  I was just successful in making an outgoing call, however, there was a significant delay (it took over 45 seconds to connect). 

@supergoalie05 Can u try another sim in that phone? Might be a hardware issue if the other sim has the same problem. If not, let PM so that they can check your account To contact Public Mobile click here. The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am (Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm (Eastern).

supergoalie05

It is a new (refurbished) phone recently purchased through an authorized seller so no previous experience with any provider with this phone.  It is an iPhone 6s Plus.  Service is in and out.  I was just successful in making an outgoing call, however, there was a significant delay (it took over 45 seconds to connect). 

@supergoalie05 wrote:

I just activated my account.  I did not port an old phone number.  I cannot make outgoing calls (I get a “call failed message”) and when someone tries to make incoming calls to my number it goes straight to voicemail?

In addition to that, I lost service for approximately 12 hours straight but the other cell users in my home had no issues. 

Please advise?  

What model is your phone?  Did it ever work at Public Mobile.  The symptoms that you describe are those of a phone not receiving signal.  It would also do this if the phone was accidently set to "LTE only" or "2g only".

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@supergoalie05 wrote:

Please advise?  

Does your account look ok/active in the self serve?

Are you able to text?

Does your device show Public mobile for your carrier?

Try rebooting your device.

Try reseating the SIM

Try resetting the Network settings.

If not, contact a moderator, and they can assist you.

click here to private message a Moderator

Need Help? Let's chat.