cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call dropped often for these past two or three months

pmu88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am living in west side Edmonton city.

recent 3 months, when I make a call, no any dialing sound, wait a while ,just dropped.Some time I make 3 or 4 times for the same number, it connected. Today I make a call several time ,no any lucky, Wait a while just dropped. It`s not the signal problem, the signal strength bar full, some times 2/3 full. When I make the call ,I feel it took long time to connect. It seemed call request through some system and do some filter or selective filter then to drop it depends on your call from Public mobile or from Kodoo or from their main brand Telus.

I guess that Public mobile attracted more users from Kodoo and Telus. They want to get users back to theirs,so make Public mobile service poor. then user complaint about call dropped problem,then more user left Public mobile. Same company operating the same tower and the same network, we got different services quality.

It's not related to technical glitch. 

They said they solved the problem, I didn't see any improvement.

I hope user can stay in Public mobile longer.

Is there any solutions?

Thanks.

Best Regards.

4 REPLIES 4

Greg1275
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Try turning off LTE in the cellular settings on your phone. Also take out sim and clean the pins aswell as the sun tray. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@pmu88 wrote:

recent 3 months, when I make a call, no any dialing sound, wait a while ,just dropped.Some time I make 3 or 4 times for the same number, it connected. Today I make a call several time ,no any lucky, Wait a while just dropped. It`s not the signal problem, the signal strength bar full, some times 2/3 full. When I make the call ,I feel it took long time to connect. It seemed call request through some system and do some filter or selective filter then to drop it depends on your call from Public mobile or from Kodoo or from their main brand Telus.

I guess that Public mobile attracted more users from Kodoo and Telus. They want to get users back to theirs,so make Public mobile service poor. then user complaint about call dropped problem,then more user left Public mobile. Same company operating the same tower and the same network, we got different services quality.

Is there any solutions?

Thanks.

Best Regards.

@pmu88  The reason why Telus and Koodo customers are getting better quality service even though it's the same network could be because Public Mobile for calling strictly uses 3G technology as opposed to Telus and Koodo customers who in addition to 3G have access to VoLTE (Voice over LTE) capabilities. So if there is an issue with 3G the Telus and Koodo might not be affected.

@pmu88 you are VERY patient!!!

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@pmu88 wrote:

Is there any solutions?

Thanks.

Best Regards.

Yes there is a solution! Contact the moderator here for help..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain what happened..Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.