cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

CANNOT CONNECT TO MOBILE NETWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I registered a brand new phone, brand new SIM card and account on Friday, Nov 18.  Ported my number over from Telus.  Everything worked fine all weekend.  Then today, Monday Nov 21, my phone continually disconnects from the Public Mobile network.  And now, I can't make any calls or texts.  I've rebooted the phone. Hard rebooted.  Taken the SIM card out, put it back in.   Nothing is working. 

I went to contact support via email, but when I try that, the self serve website asks for my email.  When I enter my email and hit "send", I get the error:  "email does not match".  WTF?!!!!!!!

Public Mobile...who can help/answer/solve my problems?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: CANNOT CONNECT TO MOBILE NETWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Curtis wrote:

Public Mobile...who can help/answer/solve my problems?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At this point, only you and your friend google. The mods are super swamped right now, it's annoying but it is what it is. Need to be patient. 

Well that's understandable.  Not much I can do I guess.  But at this point, I'm almost willing to kiss the 3 months prepayment good-bye and go to another provider.  I see Virgin is matching PM's latest promo offer along with unlmtd nationwide calling for $40.   And there is phone support with them. 

That's weird and probably very frustrating for you!  You might have some luck getting attention of a moderator on their Facebook page?  Twitter?

Might be worth a shot.  Hope it works out for you.  I'm extremely happy with the quality of Public Mobile service.....so far.  

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have you tried putting your sim in another phone? This sounds like a phone issue if you are not getting signal at all. 

hi there, i registered two days ago after switching from WIND to PM and once i put the sim card in, i was not able to make phone calls or receive any. Also my data does not work, I can turn it on but it defintely does not work Smiley Sad i have an iphone6  and i went through my "cellular data" and the only option was personal hotspot so nothing there looked unusual :/ would you be able to help me?

@caleblee123 is your APN settings correct?  I ran into a problem being where the APN was defaulted to clearnet. Once I switched it to PM, it worked like a charm.

Perhaps, do a network search for your cellular as well?  make sure its pointed to PM?

Doesn't look like the APN was the issue but thanks for the help.
there was a post where someone else was having the exact issue as me so I'm hoping that we can both get a solution ASAP Smiley Happy
Thanks for the effort!

I tried the APN setting as well. Sometimes the PM network is visible and I set it to that. Phone gets service for about a minute then disconnects and then it can't find any provider networks. Just sits there searching