cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER ME! PHONE NUMBER DID NOT PORT!

alannasonfire
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My phone can make phone calls, and send/receive text messages but it will NOT receive phone calls.

When people call the number it says "out of service". My account works and my phone number comes up with my exsisting number. Just will not receive phone calls. 

I ported my number yesterday from Rogers, its an iphone 5s.  I have messaged all PM accounts on here and have read all the threads.  Can someone please answer me, it is extremely important my phone works for my young son. @Mary_M

19 REPLIES 19

cranston
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I'm in a similar boat. I encountered error with the activation and porting process on the web from Virgin. The MOD helped completed the porting yesterday morning at 9:00. My PM is active with different number. I can text, make and receive call, and data; however, I'm old number has not been ported over yet.

I am worry as I don't want to loose my number.

Korkyjohnson

So someone answered my ticket and advised that there was some missing information when they requested to do the port over.  After they sent in the request, they said it could take up to 3hrs for the port to complete.

About 15mins later I got a txt advsing that my port was completed and welcome to PM!  My wife called my phone to test it out and sure enough, it rang!  I also tried a couple of txts (green ones) and they went through as well!

Very happy to be part of the PM family now.  Looking forward to getting my SIMs so that I can port the rest of my family over.

thymaster

Wow, so sorry to hear. My service was not working for 36 hours and I flipped out and yours have been 4 days. That must be brutal.

alannasonfire

Thanks everyone... This is starting to really piss me off. 

DAY 4 !!! 

PHONE IS STILL NOT RECEIVING PHONE CALLS.

vbobo
I'm also having a problem on one line and waiting for a response, but on my line everything is perfect and the service is well worth this inconvenience.

thymaster

Sorry to hear. Another simple process that shouldn't haappen. I hear so many people complaining about their activation too. Hopefully someone will help you soon. 

Korkyjohnson

I opened a ticket and kept bumping my thread since sunday.  I have 1/2 a phone (call out, send txts, data) but can't receive calls or txts.  Really like the service and watch to transfer others as well as promote the service but its hard too w/ this much lag in porting 😞

thymaster

You need to torch this forum up like I did. I got their attention this morning and now it's fixed. 

alannasonfire

I have sent a private message to a few mods and emailed support. NO ANSWERS YET!! 

Extremely dissapointed with Public mobile.... ugh day 3 and phone not working!!

@alannasonfire You have tagged a moderator and in "normal" circumstances that would be enough. However, as this post, Contact moderators, indicates they are requesting you send some specific information by private message.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

fboybcb
Sorry to hear your frustration. Rest assured this is only happening because of the promo. Once the promo has ended it will go back to the way it was and your future questions and problems will be answered and resolved efficiently.

thymaster

This is pathetic. Everyone is having the same repetitive customer complaints and PM have not done a thing to fix their problems. Some people can't get incoming calls, some people waited days for porting to work and now me and many others accounts are on suspension because we post dated our plan change and the system didn't register it. These problems have been reported on for weeks and months and not one fix was in play. I've been sending messages all day and not one PM staff even read my messages. Stupid service. I feel ashamed for recommending this company to any of my friends and family. 

Fingers crossed! Gl!

alannasonfire

Yeah I undertstand 24 hours isn't long for PM and if it was extremely important I wouldn't be ranting 😛 And yes, I have heard good things about pm, my bf has been with pm for 2.5 years now and convinced me to switch.

Just hope this gets fixed soon...

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I can confidently say that once this number port is sorted, you will be happy with the network coverage and reliability.  These are highly unusual times at PM support.  

I have been with PM for more than a year now.. and 100% uptime.  General consensus is that once you are up and running, you are good.  Any issues usually got resolved quickly via private message to the mods in this forum.  And I am confident that the PM support quality will at least go back to the way it was just before the promo within the next couple of weeks.  

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately 24 hours isn't very long in today's environment.  Just to prepare you some people have been waiting for several days.

mods are doing their best to reach everyone as quick as they can.

alannasonfire

I ported it yesterday so its been over 24 hours.. 😞 I hope I don't regret the switch. 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @alannasonfire,

Sorry to hear about the troubles with number port from Rogers.  Its a bit unusual to get the "Number not in service" message when you call the number.  Normally, it would just go to your Rogers voicemail, and the Rogers sim would continue to work normally until the port is complete.  

You have already done everything you possilbe can and now have to wait for the PM support staff to respond/resolve this.  PM mods used to respond within minutes most of the time.. but with this very popular promo, they have been bogged down with a backlog of requests.  I am sure it must be frustrating to wait.. but at the moment there isn't much else to do.  😞

Hope you have a solution soon.  

zzguffy901

If you just did it recently the full port can take a few extra hours. This just happened with me today, where at 1PM my account went active, but not until 5PM could I receive calls/use voicemail.

Need Help? Let's chat.