cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bundle Public

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Oddball question of 2019

Has anyone here ever heard of attempting to BUNDLE Public Mobile service???

I think the person is crazy but just curious Cat Wink

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kav2001c you are correct that I'm west coast.  It was more of an academic curiosity....

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren  I might have mixed you up with one of the others (Luddite perhaps) but I swore you were west coast?

If you are ON also the link is here to file complaints if you needed to

https://www.ontario.ca/page/consumer-protection-ontario

(Telus in general seems rather quick to settle with "issues" much moreso than Bell / Rogers do... I prev had an issue with Koodo a couple years back as well that netted me a pair of free iPhones)

srlawren

@kav2001c wrote:

I already reported them (ADT) to Consumer Protection Ontario and walked away with a few hundred dollars in my pocket based on thier lies

@kav2001c how does this work, exactly?  What did they lie to you about?  Did you get a cash settlement or something?  From ADT?  From Consumer Protection Ontario?  From other?  Curious for more deets.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

@mimmo  & others

ADT (Telus) claims they give cell discounts I knew it was nonsense by a salesperson but figured ask just in case anything had changed

I already reported them (ADT) to Consumer Protection Ontario and walked away with a few hundred dollars in my pocket based on thier lies

@srlawren  yeah I saw I had a laugh like her I know that guy! My real line is back on Koodo as well ($50 all in per month, 8GB plan ($40) + 10GB booster ($14), unlimited calls + 1000 LD minutes per month (-$5 monthly credit)  just my old legacy lines here I just can't get rid of for price (still practically free for the ancient 12GB 90 day plans)

@mimmo wrote:

@kav2001c  bundle with what?  Public is a stand alone service. 

Bundling only works with overPriced services when they want you to buy 2 or more, thus giving you a perceived savings.

srlawren

@kav2001c wrote:

Oddball question of 2019

@kav2001c I answered you over on the Koodo community:  https://community.koodomobile.com/billing-66726/bundle-7796268#post19845795.  

TL;DR: Bundle offer with Koodo?--Yep.  WIth PM?--Not so much.

carolina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry never heard of it

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

There is no bundling with PM other than the various US roaming plans for talk , text, data.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I am using a dual SIM phone these days.  I bundle two separate services on the phone because Public Mobile doesn't offer augmented data.  Does this count?

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@kav2001c wrote:

Oddball question of 2019

There's no bundling at Public Mobile.
There's only low prices at Public Mobile. No data sharing, family plans, or bundling at Public Mobile.

The only bundling is with the US Roaming add-ons.
You can bundle some roaming data, along with unlimited texting and calling for $20, valid for 10 days. It's pretty cheap in comparison.

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I totally tried to bundle, especially when i just got it. Most of time it's ok, but sms keeps waking me up, amber alert really shakes me up and i also heard it's not healthy to have cell service too close to you for extended period of time.

But i totally understand the need

mimmo

@kav2001c  bundle with what?  Public is a stand alone service. 

Bundling only works with overPriced services when they want you to buy 2 or more, thus giving you a perceived savings.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I have never heard of it.  There use to be a plan builder where you could cutomize a plan   All plans at PM are prepaid.  If you want additional features like more data or minutes then you would purchase an add-on.

Need Help? Let's chat.