cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brief outage of service?

dreamoo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was making a call earlier and at around 12:08pm the call got dropped and after a while of calling the other person back I realized I wasn't on the network. I waited a few minutes and I was back again, so I called my voicemail to check my messages and the call got dropped again, and I had to wait another few minutes to get back on the network.

I'm located just a bit East of downtown (Parliament), this is the first time it's happened to me - is it a network problem or could it be something else?

26 REPLIES 26

data

We experienced 2 weeks ago while driving back to GTA from Bruce Peninsula a lack of service on iPhone 6 & 6S. The screen kept changing randomly between LTE and 3G and service was not available for lengthy periods of time.

In addition, comparing to my virgin mobile account, from only 6 weeks ago, we experience intermittent audio service while attempting to launch calls and during calls where audio simply diminishes and then returns suddenly. Also experince audio is suddenly converted to robotic digital jibberish that cannot be understood and suddenly returns to normal around gta.  Was with virgin for a few years and never experince anything like it - ever!

symho2000

Thanks everyone! Fixed!!!!

@symho2000, have you power cycled your device?  This has been a fix suggested previously, and was an actual instruction yesterday from a MOD when services were restored.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@symho2000 if you haven't rebooted your phone recently (since yesterday evening sometime), spend the 60 seconds to do so and see if that helps.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Service should be restored now if you are still experiencing reception problems you need to send a private message to the mods. I've posted instructions in the spoiler.

Spoiler

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

• Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with you account.

• They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue (More details).

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time]

• Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received

• Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.

• There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator

symho2000

What do I need to do to find out what’s wrong? I can’t call or text and ppl saying calls going to voice message

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Back up and running 😃

I can't say for how long this outage lasted, but I did notice issue around the noon hour.  There was no network connection and the phone would report 'no service" or "emergency calls only".   When service did resume, it was voice calls only but no data.  Data did slowly come back, but for a while, it was HSPA only, with LTE only resuming shortly after.

daigler
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It appears LTE is still down.  I just changed my network mode to non lte and it worked.  FYI.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

thanks for the update @dreamoo and @jpar, stay tuned for updates!

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

jpar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mary_M wrote:

Hey everyone,

thank you for reaching out to us and for raising concern!

There currently seems to be an outage affecting both QC and ON - however our teams are actively working on fixing the issue. If you haven't done so already, please power cycle and test. If the issue persists, hang in there - it will be back up and running soon!

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Mary

This issue affects Atlantic Canada as well.

dreamoo

Just testing here and there with outbound calls. It seems like service has resumed to normal in the past 15-20 min or so. 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey everyone,

thank you for reaching out to us and for raising concern!

There currently seems to be an outage affecting both QC and ON - however our teams are actively working on fixing the issue. If you haven't done so already, please power cycle and test. If the issue persists, hang in there - it will be back up and running soon!

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

dreamoo

Didn't know these websites existed, good to know! Thanks for sharing.

biros

Can't dial out in Ottawa (receive and data are OK)

faiithless

I'm in Scarborough, ON and the data was fine until around 12:10pm where it just suddenly died.  Still no service at the moment.

jpar

No service here in Newfoundland either and no official word from Telus  

ShadowWarrior
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Same here in Montreal....

RC31

Service is back for me (Downtown TO)

Rabbi

the is now fix by me in outremont montrel

Rabbi

i have also the same in outremont montreal

tommyleeyyz

Looks like issue with the network.

I lost connectivity at approximately the same time and connectivity has been up and down.

When connected, only via HSPA+ with no data. 

daigler

outage here in Atlantic Canada too.  I just notice cell but not data yet.

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Same here, Montreal...

chandlerparsons

I can't call either. Calls are getting dropped. 

Need Help? Let's chat.