cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Brief Guide: How to subscribe to a community area (e.g. Announcements) with an RSS reader

Thanks for the kind words, @zhadj030

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Re: Brief Guide: How to subscribe to a community area (e.g. Announcements) with an RSS reader

@srlawren You have been busy today :-)

thanks for picking king up on this.  I'm astonished at the documentation you have provided, and now see how easy it is to setup.  I should have gotten into RSS feeds sooner.

We are a community full of people with various talents, I am so happy to be here to help, and learn myself everyday.

Oracle

Great post!!  Thanks for taking the time to put this all together.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
RM4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This did get me started thank you.  The process was a little different with the iphone.  First time I've ever tried to subscribe to an RSS.  Kept defaulting me to the apple news app and that didn't work.  I found I needed to copy (by holding down) and past into a RSS feed app that I found in the app store, I'm using CSmart.  Now it's working great.  

Mayor / Maire

@RM4 wrote:

This did get me started thank you.  The process was a little different with the iphone.  First time I've ever tried to subscribe to an RSS.  Kept defaulting me to the apple news app and that didn't work.  I found I needed to copy (by holding down) and past into a RSS feed app that I found in the app store, I'm using CSmart.  Now it's working great.  

@RM4 thanks for this feedback!  Good to know there's an iPhone app that works with this technique.  (Well, any RSS app should, but I have no first-hand experience with iOS, so this is helpful!)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
RM4
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, I’d assume any rss feed app would work.  Apple news just didn’t work for me and I think that’s the default for rss. I could totally be wrong tho I’m a newbie.