cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bravo List Gone? Removed, Moved or just a Glitch?

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Is it just me or has the Bravo List been removed? Or maybe just moved?

I have been wondering if it’s existence fuels competition to answer Topics quickly and answer frequently. 

AE_Collector

66 REPLIES 66

@CricketBugs 

That's great....sign up for deal alerts so you'll get informed of the next promo. Keep this in mind once you get down to the last six months or less of your contract  it can often be cheaper to buy out your phone and switch to public mobile.

You can cancel your contract by porting out your number. Your plan fee will be prorated and you will be required to pay the ECF (early cancellation fee) which is your device subsidy × months remaining in your contract. Any portion of a billing month that is prorated is considered a full month paid when it comes to the device subsidy. So it's always better to port your number out early in your billing period.

For example : your monthly fee is $70....$30 is your device subsidy and $40 is your plan fee. If you have 3 months remaining and you port out on day 2 of your billing period you will have your monthly fee prorated at 2×$2.33 p/day =$4.66 + 2 months of your device subsidy. ($30 p/month) 2×$30=$60+$4.66=$64.66 to buy out your phone. If you ported out on the last day of the previous months billing period you would be charged no plan fees but 3×$30 device subsidy=$90. The savings of $25.34 would pay for your first 30 days at public mobile if you chose the $25/1gb plan.

CricketBugs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for the information I will most likely move over to public mobile. My contract is up soon. 

@hairbag1 wrote:

"...the Bravo Leaderboard is no longer available on the homepage..."

Only the link to it has been removed... 😉

Edit: Actually I see now the bravo leaderboard is actually really dead now (no data there anymore), which is great IMHO.

@CricketBugs 

Well you've got this friendly community to help you out, chat with, have a few discussions..... there are never any overages, the plan prices or add ons never go up in price, more likely go down,  we get freebies like at xmas a 1gb data add on and 400min international calling minutes, add ons get charged once and roll over til done and may i say rewards, rewards, rewards.....i got my first $0 phone bill 60 days after I joined and my second $0 account next week after 10 months. Lucky and chatr cant beat that price! Message privately and any member will refer you to get you a $10 credit and you can order a sim card at CCS for $4......

vultures! #wts

You can save more money with rewards.  If you register ba credit card or Visa debit then you can save $2 every 30 days.  Also refer friends and family will save $1/ referral.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/reward-rules

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CricketBugs wrote:

I'm new here and thinking of joining Public Mobile. What is the best part of Public Mobile? Why not chatr or lucky? They have the same prices...

I think it's the rewards available here to reduce the plan cost. And the flexibility with add-ons.

If you're now being deluged with offers to give you a code then report them. Or use one of them to get a $10 credit. Or ask for one here either by private message or just post here. THEN you'll get deluged. 🙂

CricketBugs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm new here and thinking of joining Public Mobile. What is the best part of Public Mobile? Why not chatr or lucky? They have the same prices...

@Anonymous wrote:

@maximum_gato wrote:

I highly doubt a couple of hours on the community would garner a community reward.

I have another account here that I participated with for about 2 days. It got $2. But it was too weird writing as another identity. So I stopped.

@Anonymous  I agree it gets too confusing and then you miss stuff like the last page of this thread. It's only out of exasperation that max comes out for a wander....at least he's polite enough not to be crapping in the community's garden. Theres enough mud flying around here we don't need to add a sandbox surprise to the black potting mix!

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AE_Collector 

I wonder if than removing all Bravos, period, not simply the leader board,completely, if that would be a good idea.

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@will13am wrote:

@maximum_gato wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Bravo leaderboard was removed to de-emphasize self promotion.  Those most concerned about the loss are most responsible for the loss.  So, now we can focus back on what drives the community which is helping others.  

@will13am   You could have thought they had done that a couple years back.

Oh, that was @ShawnC13 being vindictive and lounging some of my historical posts.

And my, oh my, didn't those historical posts ever shine a bright light on the contradictory nature of those threads/posts vs. the post above, in bold!!! 🙄

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@maximum_gato wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Bravo leaderboard was removed to de-emphasize self promotion.  Those most concerned about the loss are most responsible for the loss.  So, now we can focus back on what drives the community which is helping others.  

Oh, that was @ShawnC13 being vindictive and lounging some of my historical posts.  Different era, no lounge forum back then.  I am lucky the leaderboard is gone now.  This put a huge dent in my bravo count lol.  BTW, is @darlicious taking you out for the monthly walk "walk" to earn some much needed community activity?  

@will13am, if I was being vindictive I would have replied to your post about limiting the self-promotion with those links.  I was just seeing how many times you brought up that topic as you like to make fun of people who do bring up the same topic multiple times.  Now that we have a lounge those threads seemed to be the better location for them 

Thank you for keeping the community pure.  What triggered this cleansing lol?  There could be a lot more pre-loung posts that need clean up.  Go for it.    

@will13am wrote:

@maximum_gato wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Oh, that was @ShawnC13 being vindictive and lounging some of my historical posts.  Different era, no lounge forum back then.  I am lucky the leaderboard is gone now.  This put a huge dent in my bravo count lol.  BTW, is @darlicious taking you out for the monthly walk "walk" to earn some much needed community activity?  

@will13am, if I was being vindictive I would have replied to your post about limiting the self-promotion with those links.  I was just seeing how many times you brought up that topic as you like to make fun of people who do bring up the same topic multiple times.  Now that we have a lounge those threads seemed to be the better location for them 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Anonymous 

2 hours of activity got a $2 reward? Was that this century or 19xx something! Lol

I had to look to make sure what I typed. Nope. 2 days. Not 2 hours.

@Anonymous 

2 hours of activity got a $2 reward? Was that this century or 19xx something! Lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

@maximum_gato wrote:

I highly doubt a couple of hours on the community would garner a community reward.

I have another account here that I participated with for about 2 days. It got $2. But it was too weird writing as another identity. So I stopped.

@will13am  I dont know why it does this every once in awhile....this tablet doesvweird things sometimes. I cleared my browser but maybe I have to reinstall Firefox. Ill try chrome but that app keeps stopping which is why i use firefox. Thx.....well see who you get in a few minutes.

@maximum_gato wrote:

@will13am  Lol....i suppose that would be a happy consequence but I can't sign into my @darlicious  account for some reason.....it happens once in a blue moon. I keep trying the last time about 15 minutes ago! Seeing as I was in fourth place last time the bravo leaderboard was available and hot on the tail of Joyluck I would much rather be posting as myself. I highly doubt a couple of hours on the community would garner a community reward. But max does like to patrol the community to see if there's any rats to catch. It reminds him of his first kill!

I have never had that happen before.  Try a different browser, reboot the device.  

@will13am   Meow....here you go have a bravo courtesy of max!

@will13am  Lol....i suppose that would be a happy consequence but I can't sign into my @darlicious  account for some reason.....it happens once in a blue moon. I keep trying the last time about 15 minutes ago! Seeing as I was in fourth place last time the bravo leaderboard was available and hot on the tail of Joyluck I would much rather be posting as myself. I highly doubt a couple of hours on the community would garner a community reward. But max does like to patrol the community to see if there's any rats to catch. It reminds him of his first kill!

@maximum_gato wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@gblackma  I only tend to use the quote button if im responding to a post long after itvwas posted with many replies in between so my post makes sense.

@Triguy  I was about to post that I just supplied that link to @Pawprints1986  when I just noticed I caught the **poof** the magic dragon disappearing post bug! What's going on today? First i cant sign in as darlicious and now im forced into the spam quarantine.....it wasn't even a long post or edited. I don't even have easy access to quarantine link with this account....id have to hunt it down. It's like it knows who is typing behind the username.

👍Good one @maximum_gato , @Jb456  knows that I'm a dinosaur.  My problem is the same as yours. So I don't use it. Got some egg on my face when a poster asked a question on a particular subject which I answered. Three hours later, noticed @Naepalm answering the same question too. So, I looked, the OP, instead of asking a follow up question deleted the original question and asked a totally different one instead. 🤔😁. Stay safe. 

@Pawprints1986   I only learned about it about a month ago. I only put a username I have trouble tagging in there but it would have been handy for common links like messaging a moderator or certain posts or threads that I like to direct users to....like my voucher catalogue! But it was more commonly used for longer posts that have instructions for the user....essentially an easy to access copy and paste with set subjects. @srlawren  taught me by setting up a how to macro:

link.https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/HOWTO-Create-and-use-Macros-for-repetitiv...

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I've seen the word "macro" to describe some sort of list quite a few times... Even though it doesn't exist anymore, what was it? Just wondered... 

@Jb456  I agree now it's a lot of steps to get to it on my tablet. Swipe down. Unlock portrait. Swipe up. Turn tablet sideways. Tap three dots. Tap quote. Turn tablet upright to portrait mode. 7 steps compared to one. By this time @gblackma has already posted and recieved the solution. Maybe he works for khoros and is helping with the design changes....lol!

@AE_Collector wrote:

Thanks for the replies everyone.......

I don’t fully understand how the Announcements page works I guess. I can’t figure how I miss so much that I would think would be pinned to the home page. Do “announcements” sometimes get pinned or is it just the 5 (or so) most recent announcements that show up on the home page? Another forum that I participate in a lot has two buttons you can click once you log in. “New Posts” and “New Replies to Your Posts”. I use these Constantly, I log in and push the “new posts“ button and every new Topic and topic with new posts since you last were on the forum appears in a list for you to click through or scan and pick the ones that interest you. This forum has nothing like That as far as I know. You get notifications of bravos to your posts, replies where you are mentioned etc but as far as seeing all new topics/posts your only way to keep up with everything new here is to go through all the categories And check all the posts. Am I missing something? I remember this going back well over a year to when I first started in the community. I couldn’t figure out where to look to see all new posts!

Missing the Macro for signatures... AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  Having an option like that is an excellent idea. I've had a few important threads this week I would have completely missed If hadnt been messaged about them.

@will13am wrote:

@Jb456  Yep there's always one loudmouth that spoils the party.

Need Help? Let's chat.