cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bravo List Gone? Removed, Moved or just a Glitch?

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Is it just me or has the Bravo List been removed? Or maybe just moved?

I have been wondering if it’s existence fuels competition to answer Topics quickly and answer frequently. 

AE_Collector

66 REPLIES 66

@Anonymous  yup I shouldn't have said anything they removed it now 😝.

@Jb456 me amd you both on p30

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

If you bookmarked the bravo board link. It is still accessible 😃

@Jb456 

NOW they seem to have axed it. I had a bookmark to it. Now it comes up mostly empty.

Mostly Empty?

You mean I’m in first place with 3 Bravos?

AE_Collector

lol

Bravo Leaderboard

@Tiana_V  ??? I dont see it on my phone.Maybe only certain operating systems?? Ill try on different browsers. 

edit:

Just realized super late to the party on this one lol

Screenshot_20200522_180609.jpg

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

@Jb456 

NOW they seem to have axed it. I had a bookmark to it. Now it comes up mostly empty.

Mostly Empty?

You mean I’m in first place with 3 Bravos?

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jb456 wrote:

@Jb456 

Would be nice if it was put back like it used to be prior to the update. Green icon next to the post icon and just click it.

@gblackma 

Just providing more detail to @Tiana_V 

Just giving it a shot on my iphone now. So no sign of the dots to get the quote mark. Portrait or landscape mode. Only can get them in landscape mode on iPad.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector I can do it too in landscape. But it's inconvenient and if it can be seen in portrait on a 3 to 4 inch wide cell screen, why can't it be shown on our 5 to 6 inch wide tablet screens? It makes no sense to me.

@Tiana_V  @gblackma 

On my iPad in portrait the three dots are missing. Not enough room to the right side I guess. Rotate to Landscape and they are there. Click them and the quote function appears.

AE_Collector

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V  thanks for flagging it for your team. It would be very much appreciated if it was back.

@Tiana_V  that's when you access the site on a PC desktop or Laptop.

I am talking about people who use there cell phone to post. Many of us have not had the quote option for months. (Maybe some phones work I don't know) I know I could quote if I was on a laptop but I always use my phone as many others. We lost it on your last update and it's fixed for other devices but not mobile phones.

Doing searches on Khoros forums as well as Google indicates many other sites had the same issue and fixed it. Such as Verizon.

I am using a Huawei P30. Fully up to date. Latest version of Chrome mobile.

Here is what I see.

Screenshot_20200522_155816.jpg

If I force chrome to go into "desktop mode" the below is what I get.

Screenshot_20200522_155934.jpg

It has been like this for months now 😭

@gblackma wrote:

@Tiana_V I'm on a 10 inch screen Samsung tablet in portrait mode, and I can't see the quote button tjat you have on your phone. Thanks.

20200522_160044.jpg

I will flag this to our team to look into. 

@Tiana_V I'm on a 10 inch screen Samsung tablet in portrait mode, and I can't see the quote button tjat you have on your phone. Thanks.

20200522_160044.jpg

I noticed it working on my iPad for a week or two  now where as it didn’t awhile ago. But I haven’t tried on my phone.

I click reply and then clicking the three dots opens up the list more to include the quote symbol. Of course the Macro for my signature is now gone but that’s a different subject.

AE_Collector

@Tiana_V I don't see the quote marks on my screen on mobile 

Screenshot_20200522-125823.jpg

Screenshot_20200522-125813.jpg

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Jb456 wrote:

@AE_Collector  I suppose they could correct their "bandaid" solution and get it fixed correctly. 

However, I think that would entail them having to contact Khoros which provides the software for these forums. After spending time on the Khoros Forums reading the forums regarding the missing "quote" button on mobile which is an easy fix that PM has yet to resolve. I think it will be awhile for them to fix the bravo since that is a standard feature on all forums that use the Khoros software. Just my opinion of course.

The issue with the quote button has actually been fixed for quite some time now (I’m actually using it now on my phone to quote you). I’ve attached an image for you to reference as well

CF501A34-5708-4E8B-946B-2D0AEDC2DB8C.jpeg

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jb456 wrote:

@mimmo . Yup they can do that 🙂

Actually I'm glad to see you online. I have to send you a private message on another subject. Give me a few to send as I'm at work.

Guess that would be the subject we discussed the other day? If so, I was gonna do that too, but you go ahead.....

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@mimmo . Yup they can do that 🙂

Actually I'm glad to see you online. I have to send you a private message on another subject. Give me a few to send as I'm at work.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jb456 it could be as simple as renaming the page, or creating a 301 redirect in htaccess  both would accomplish the same thing.

@AE_Collector  I suppose they could correct their "bandaid" solution and get it fixed correctly. 

However, I think that would entail them having to contact Khoros which provides the software for these forums. After spending time on the Khoros Forums reading the forums regarding the missing "quote" button on mobile which is an easy fix that PM has yet to resolve. I think it will be awhile for them to fix the bravo since that is a standard feature on all forums that use the Khoros software. Just my opinion of course.

@Jb456 wrote:

@AE_Collector  it's not removed completely. All they did was hide it.

Maybe I'll start a thread and post the 30 day bravo board every Sunday at 6pm EST 🤣

@Jb456 

Somehow I think that doing that will bring on more changes! I bet it gets completely removed from areas we can access as soon as the dust settles.

<edit> it looks as though the dust HAS settled now....

signed.... Me

@srlawren 
I’m really saving time now! Here’s an exact copy of my reply to @Anonymous in the other topic.

I’m old school I guess...sort of like signing a letter. I frequently find myself reading someone’s post then scroll back up to see who did the writing (I see it initially before reading but it never fully registers) so I feel as though the user name in the bottom also reminds someone who wrote what they just read Before they continue down to the next post. I know, just a little thing I guess...

okay...will try not signing and see if I can sleep tonight....

@AE_Collector  it's not removed completely. All they did was hide it.

Maybe I'll start a thread and post the 30 day bravo board every Sunday at 6pm EST 🤣

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AE_Collector wrote:

AE_Collectir  
(expect LOTS more Typos of my signature... bring back 1 - 20 character MAX Macro please!)

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector here's the thing: you don't necessarily have to include a signature line on your posts.  I would say the vast majority of community members here do not do that.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Naepalm wrote:

@AE_Collector I manually made.my own for competition purposes. 

Its not as polished but pretty decent.

🤣😂

Screenshot_20200522_123201.jpg

@Naepalm  I can work with that!

AE_Collectir  
(expect LOTS more Typos of my signature... bring back 1 - 20 character MAX Macro please!)

AE_Collector

Thanks for the replies everyone.......

I don’t fully understand how the Announcements page works I guess. I can’t figure how I miss so much that I would think would be pinned to the home page. Do “announcements” sometimes get pinned or is it just the 5 (or so) most recent announcements that show up on the home page? Another forum that I participate in a lot has two buttons you can click once you log in. “New Posts” and “New Replies to Your Posts”. I use these Constantly, I log in and push the “new posts“ button and every new Topic and topic with new posts since you last were on the forum appears in a list for you to click through or scan and pick the ones that interest you. This forum has nothing like That as far as I know. You get notifications of bravos to your posts, replies where you are mentioned etc but as far as seeing all new topics/posts your only way to keep up with everything new here is to go through all the categories And check all the posts. Am I missing something? I remember this going back well over a year to when I first started in the community. I couldn’t figure out where to look to see all new posts!

Missing the Macro for signatures... AE_Collector

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Bravo leaderboard was removed to de-emphasize self promotion.  Those most concerned about the loss are most responsible for the loss.  So, now we can focus back on what drives the community which is helping others.  

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector I manually made.my own for competition purposes. 

Its not as polished but pretty decent.

🤣😂

Screenshot_20200522_123201.jpg

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector  No more Bravo list. Welcome to new world😅 It was a nice thing, but perhaps increased some competition between users and was removed for good.

Need Help? Let's chat.