cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking Calls and Voicemail

dmbcanada
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have had a salesperson keep calling me despite telling them I am not interested, so far I have been able to block their calls.   Only issue is that they are still able to leave a voicemail, do you know if it is possible to block them from leaving a message as well?

9 REPLIES 9

@srlawren wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@dmbcanada wrote:

I have had a salesperson keep calling me despite telling them I am not interested, so far I have been able to block their calls.   Only issue is that they are still able to leave a voicemail, do you know if it is possible to block them from leaving a message as well?

@dmbcanada  What type of phone do you have. If it's an Android phone you can mark it as spam and add it to the list. If you have a Pixel phone you can use the call screen feature.

@geopublic that only blocks the phone from ringing, which @dmbcanada has already done.  They are looking for a way to prevent the person from leaving a voicemail!

@dmbcanada ...which unfortunately is not possible.  You can either prevent everyone from leaving voicemails (workaround detailed here: Workaround for diabling Voicemail), or prevent nobody from leaving voicemails.  

Yes, that is a link to a good post on managing your VM. For a more complete discussion of all your options regarding VMs, read this thread:

shskr
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you try registering with : https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/en

dmbcanada
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have reported the individual who has calling me to management and they have taken care of it.   Hopefully I do not have to block anyone else as it doesn't seem like a easy fix.

@dmbcanada wrote:

The only way that I know od to block voice messages for most phones from a specific number would be to use a third-party app.  These work by answering the phone call and then hanging up. Truecaller comes to mind but there are many others.  You would have to first remove the number from your phone dialer's/contacts app blocked list.   Unfortunately, to accomplish all of this, your phone will ring briefly before the app can answer the call.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@geopublic wrote:

@srlawren  On my Pixel when I report a number as Spam I never get a call from that number. 

@geopublic Oh yeah I forgot Pixels have additional assisant features baked in that pick up the call for you and dismiss the person.  Thus, the call never reaches your voicemail.  I guess yes if you have a Pixel, this is a possible workaround.  But simply blocking the number on most phones will only cause the call to go directly (or nearly directly) to your voicemail.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@dmbcanada wrote:

@dmbcanada  What type of phone do you have. If it's an Android phone you can mark it as spam and add it to the list. If you have a Pixel phone you can use the call screen feature.

@geopublic that only blocks the phone from ringing, which @dmbcanada has already done.  They are looking for a way to prevent the person from leaving a voicemail!

@dmbcanada ...which unfortunately is not possible.  You can either prevent everyone from leaving voicemails (workaround detailed here: Workaround for diabling Voicemail), or prevent nobody from leaving voicemails.  

@srlawren  On my Pixel when I report a number as Spam I never get a call from that number. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@geopublic wrote:

@dmbcanada wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good question, if you block from your phone they will end up in Voicemail.

I don't believe there is an option to block numbers at the PM level which would completely block the calls that you don't want....

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@dmbcanada wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.