cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked Callers Able to leave voicemail

Livvybabyxo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, my subject says it all. I'm having a bit of what I feel is a technical issue so maybe not perhaps a PM issue. I have a Samsung Galaxy A8 phone. And I've been noticing that I still recieve voicemails from blocked callers (spam numbers, and persons I have blocked calls with) 

Any advice would be great. Also please give me feedback if this is the correct forum to use for this sort of topic. 

Thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5

@computergeek541

I only wanted to ensure all the options are presented. What the OP asked for (preventing blocked calls from going to voicemail) can be done and is supported by the Public Mobile network with standard GSM feature codes, without additional apps. Some of the prior responses seemed to suggest it was not possible.

@Nezgar 

Your infiormation is both helpful and interesting. However, I'm not sure that most users would want to go into manual dialing codes, going into the phone's menus to experiment, or want to think about a fake phone number to possibly forward some calls to. I believe that many users would find the app approach to be simpler.

Hi @Livvybabyxo, Blocking and declining calls normally just directs those calls to your voicemail faster than otherwise. The solution is to simply change the conditional call forwarding setting for "declined" calls to something other than your voicemail. That way declined or blocked calls are sent to lala land. And you don't have to use an app to answer and hang up the call. I wrote about this in a previous topic:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Fun-with-Conditional-Call-forwarding-and-...

The three conditional forward, and "all calls" call forwarding options can be found in the forwarding settings in the phone app settings menus, or can easily be set manually such as the examples below:

• Dial *67*18080000000# - an invalid USA number - caller will get either endless ringing, or a fast busy if call is declined or blocked.
  • Dial *67*13065458171# - plays message "At the customers request, the number you have dialed is configured for outgoing calls only."

Unanswered calls, and calls while the phone is off the network will continue to go to voicemail as usual. Numbers you decline or are in the android reject list do not.

To reset back to public mobile default voicemail, dial ##67#

@Livvybabyxo wrote:

Hi, my subject says it all. I'm having a bit of what I feel is a technical issue so maybe not perhaps a PM issue. I have a Samsung Galaxy A8 phone. And I've been noticing that I still recieve voicemails from blocked callers (spam numbers, and persons I have blocked calls with) 

Any advice would be great. Also please give me feedback if this is the correct forum to use for this sort of topic. 

Thanks! 

Blocking calls is just the same as quickly pressing end on incoming call. Public Mobile doesn't offer any call management options.

When it comes to the apps that can prevent people from leaving voice messages, they work by answering the call and the  hanging up on the other person. Unfortunately, this means that you would neee to unblock the number from your contact list, and you'll actually hear your phone ring for a second.  On most phones, you can set a silent ringtone.

You'll have to choose between letting the call come in for one ring to have the app answer and hang up, or have the calls go straight to voicemail (and allow messages to be left for you).

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

I have an Android phone and numbers in the reject list will go straight to voicemail instead of ringing. You should look at the google play store to see if there is an app you can get to also prevent the rejected caller from leaving a voicemail.

Need Help? Let's chat.