cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackmail/fraud

JPM1988
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Here are my terms to pay the blackmail/fraud, take it or leave it     

1) I need to transfer funds to pay from my PayPal which has 2-factor authorization so I need access to my phone service

2) a detailed invoice 

f you do not provide both, public mobile will not see anything and will not go after me in the future. This expires Friday, August 16 at 12:00 AM Mountain Time

@Cristian_PM @Alex_G 

25 REPLIES 25

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JPM1988 wrote:

The problem is the I have zero patience now with the mods, I have waited around 100 hours for a status update (Friday to Wednesday) into the issue that I have been having, and currently only getting replies back in a 2 hour window each day around 1200-1400 mountain even for a simple yes or no question, this is why I have been trying to get the mods attention. Also this issue has caused me and my family money issues because I can not access funds on paypal (self employed) 

Still, no excuse for your behaviour, immature actions like that gain no one's respect, it's your responsibility to make sure you have backup methods to allow access to your own Paypal account, not this company its staff or community.

JPM1988

The problem is the I have zero patience now with the mods, I have waited around 100 hours for a status update (Friday to Wednesday) into the issue that I have been having, and currently only getting replies back in a 2 hour window each day around 1200-1400 mountain even for a simple yes or no question, this is why I have been trying to get the mods attention. Also this issue has caused me and my family money issues because I can not access funds on paypal (self employed) 

XionBunny

@GinYVR wrote:

@XionBunnyThe power is at the moderators, not much the general users (even the oracles) can do. However because the wireless code states there must be an open line of communication between the company and the customer and since Lithium is the only way to communicate with the moderators there are limitations to what the Public Mobile moderators can do.

Still i Would think harassment wouldn't be allowed or encouraged.

@XionBunnyThe power is at the moderators, not much the general users (even the oracles) can do. However because the wireless code states there must be an open line of communication between the company and the customer and since Lithium is the only way to communicate with the moderators there are limitations to what the Public Mobile moderators can do.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@kselmak wrote:

If you need detailed bill for tax or id purposes you can request that from moderators any time, it take couple of weeks usually. Include your account number and also time period needed.

Is your service not working?

Are you not receiving short code sms from paypal but your service is working?

For short codes which are not supported by many Canadian cell providers i use dingtone. You can also contact paypal customer service to do something about it

A Public Mobile receipt would not be valid for ID purposes.  Not only does Public Mobile not verify either the name or address, these receipts wouldn't be considered acceptable even if this were a postpaid service.  I just renewed my health card today, and before going, I double-checked Service Ontario's website, and it specifically points out that all documents must be original and that computer printouts from home are not acceptable.

Back on topic, to the customer's issue:

To my understanding, this is an issue with Public Mobile's text mesaaging services. As a text message isn't being received by the customer, this person is unable to access a Paypal account without the code contained in that text message.

Hi @computergeek541 

I know they don't check anything and anybody can open a phone account for anybody else, or even make up a name. That said I have successfully used it for id verification, I have couple of numbers here, but one of them is the number that I have with cra and it never failed me when it comes to verification, I guess for that reason as it's everywhere on file.

And back to topic, it would really help if we could get couple of answers I looked back at the history and many have asked legitimate questions and didn't get the answer. There may be good suggestions about accessing the account, I have feeling once in self-serve op could reactivate by themselves.

I can only imagine how frustrating this is for op

@JPM1988  I really hope you get the answers soon.

Is there somebody that could help you with this I have feeling that you have so many conversations open and that some information may be missed and you may need to sort all of it out, it can be overwhelming

XionBunny

Starting to think the OP should be banned from this forum for his abusive method of getting the mods attention and posting threats, does that not violate some rule? 

@kselmakI think the OP is just trolling the mods.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@JPM1988 wrote:

On wait an mod is just angry, if not do not delete this post.

While waiting for a moderator..what's the problem with your phone to cause so much grief ? Maybe someone here can help before moderators can.

Wishful thinking? Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@JPM1988 wrote:

I know that they saw them then deleted them, so I going to kept it up till they PM me, sorry in advance my fight is with the mods not you

I have been moving some messages as they were duplicates and because of language. You're free to talk about being dissatisfied with the service, but posting multiple copies of messages is only upsetting other customers.  As I was saying, moderators rarely see messages posted on this mesaage board.

@JPM1988 wrote:

While waiting for a moderator..what's the problem with your phone to cause so much grief ? Maybe someone here can help before moderators can.

@JPM1988 wrote:

🙈

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Hi @JPM1988 

I don't understand, could you please elaborate.

Thank you

JPM1988

JPM1988

I know that they saw them then deleted them, so I going to kept it up till they PM me, sorry in advance my fight is with the mods not you

@JPM1988, posting multiple copies of the same message will not make a moderator reply to you.  Moderators very rarely read posted mesaages. Your only point of contact with the moderators is through the private messaging system. Hopefully, they can fix up up your account for you.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JPM1988 wrote:

1) I need to transfer funds to pay from my PayPal which has 2-factor authorization so I need access to my phone service

2) a detailed invoice 

f you do not provide both, public mobile will not see anything and will not go after me in the future. This expires Friday, August 16 at 12:00 AM Mountain Time

@Cristian_PM @Alex_G 

You'll show them eh !!

@JPM1988 wrote:

@Cristian_PM @Alex_G 

Public Mobile bills in advance and there's no way to owe money for usage.  If you simply stop paying Public Mobile, you wouldn't owe them anything.

@JPM1988 wrote:

no

What happens when you try to log in? What message do you get?

Thanks

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JPM1988 wrote:

2) a detailed invoice 

@Cristian_PM @Alex_G 

@JPM1988 I don't even know where to start with this reply, as it is rather confusing.  Could you please tell us more here, such as:

- Did you just recently activate your Public Mobile service, and it has never worked for you so far?  Or were you an existing customer and things were fine for a period of time but then stopped working?

- You're trying to activate/re-activate so that you can get PayPal 2FA codes via text, is that right?  Or are you trying to pay with PayPal to activate/re-activate your Public Mobile service and will only pay with PayPal because it supports 2FA?

- Who do you think is blackmailing you or committing fraud against you and why are you dictatating terms here?

This is all very strange.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@kselmak wrote:

If you need detailed bill for tax or id purposes you can request that from moderators any time, it take couple of weeks usually. Include your account number and also time period needed.

For short codes which are not supported by many Canadian cell providers i use dingtone. You can also contact paypal customer service to do something about it

A Public Mobile receipt would not be valid for ID purposes.  Not only does Public Mobile not verify either the name or address, these receipts wouldn't be considered acceptable even if this were a postpaid service.  I just renewed my health card today, and before going, I double-checked Service Ontario's website, and it specifically points out that all documents must be original and that computer printouts from home are not acceptable.

Back on topic, to the customer's issue:

To my understanding, this is an issue with Public Mobile's text mesaaging services. As a text message isn't being received by the customer, this person is unable to access a Paypal account without the code contained in that text message.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Have you still not heard back from the moderators? 😕

JPM1988

no

Do you have access to your self-serve account?

JPM1988

Service is not working

Called paypal only way to access funds is to get my service back up, the @CS_Agent knows about it

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.