cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing: Credit card statement shows 855-478xxxx BC

Konrad69
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Everyone: I have been using Public Mobile for a while and I am fairly happy with it. However, I have noticed that both my son and myself have the same "transaction details" on out credit card statements. It says: "PUBLIC MOBILE 855-478XXXX BC". Why is that? I am NOT from BC and that is NOT my number. Why is it on my statement?

12 REPLIES 12

@gblackma wrote:

@Konrad69 , calling @Anonymous , @computergeek541 , @Luddite , oracles care to handle this one? I would say that it has something to do with where the payment is processed.  Now you got me curious. will check my credit card. Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

All payments/top ups processed by Public Mobile using a credit or debit card will say this. The customer's location doesn't make a difference.

SIM card purchases will show as being from Toronto.

@LurganIeUk wrote:

@Triguy wrote:

PM is owned by Telus which is based in BC.

And Calgary AB. 

@LurganIeUk    Telus was originally based in Edmonton, Alberta, but when they merged with BC Tel back in late '90's, they moved their headquarters to Vancouver, BC.

@Triguy wrote:

And Calgary AB. 

Konrad69

Thanks to all that replied. I appreciate the help.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Konrad69 - I, too, have this on my credit card statement.

It shows this:

Phone Number on Bill

I called it, it is Public Mobile phone number.

🙂

@Konrad69 

All is fine. Here's how it looks on mine.

Screenshot_20200622_130110.jpg

Have a good day!

JB

Konrad69

1) So what I am getting from these replies is that I shouldn't worry about what it says on the credit card statement.

2) But what about you guys? You should have the same number on your statements as well, no?

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@Konrad69 wrote:

Hi Everyone: I have been using Public Mobile for a while and I am fairly happy with it. However, I have noticed that both my son and myself have the same "transaction details" on out credit card statements. It says: "PUBLIC MOBILE 855-478XXXX BC". Why is that? I am NOT from BC and that is NOT my number. Why is it on my statement?

One thing to note is that credit card statements in general don’t give vendors much space to describe their company. They are sharing with you and anyone that has an account the best information they can give so you understand that it is from PM. 

They would not put your number on the statement because that would mean they are sharing your private information that could be linked to you outside of PM.

Glad you are with Public, stick around and contribute and you can earn some extra rewards for your effort. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Konrad69 , calling @Anonymous , @computergeek541 , @Luddite , oracles care to handle this one? I would say that it has something to do with where the payment is processed.  Now you got me curious. will check my credit card. Welcome to PM.  Stay safe. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Konrad69 wrote:

IIRC, in this case it would not be necessary to x-out the numbers as that is the toll free IVR access number.

As for the mention of BC...I wouldn't worry about it. Other than your curiosity...shrug.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I thi k that is the number for public mobile

18554public

Need Help? Let's chat.