cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed AFTER I switched to Koodo!

smartinuk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Moderator_Team Can you help me please?

I got a text message that my next billing date was March 12.  I went to Koodo and switched on march 12, but then I found that I had already been charged for my next billing cycle on March 11!

I have tried to login to my account to check the details by my old public login isn't working.

Do you automatically lock my account after I port my number to Koodo?

Can you please provide me with a cancellation number?

And finally, can you please refund my payment of $124.32?  

10 REPLIES 10

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @smartinuk,

thank you for taking the time to reach out to us!

I've gone over your conversation with my colleague and can confirm that you were not charged after you ported out - you were charged prior to this 🙂 Rest assured that once a number is ported out and deactivated, so is the credit card - thus making it impossible to charge you! As part of the offer, you will receive a 100$ bill credit with koodo, which accounts for any plans purchased with PM.

Let us know if you have any other questions, we're here to help.

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Decline the charge on your credit card.  Immediately.  And retain copies of whatever supporting documentation you might need, including screenshots of this thread and any msgs from PM on your phone and any emails/msgs exchanged between you and the PM staff.  Dig up your old PM Self-Serve account number and PM SIM card number if you can.

Flag the @CS_Agent and contact the mods immediately, as well.  I'm sure they would prefer a "peaceful" resolution to what is probably just an inconveniently greedy pre-programmed glitch in their billing system.

It will be up to the merchant (Public Mobile) to reassert the charge if they feel it is owed to them.  And they cannot escalate the matter or report it to any credit/collection agencies without first attempting to resolve billing issues with you directly.  If they choose to not go after "their" money then the matter settles itself by default.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LovingTeddy You"ll be able to have limited access ONLY if you used email to login into your Fido account. If you used phone number, your account will be deactivated the moment you port your number to a different mobile provider. Fido failed to disclose this information to clients!

LovingTeddy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well... I still have my access with Fido for my closed account. It maybe just a glitch for the system. This thing can happen .

LEGO

@computergeek541wrote:

As for self-serve no longer working, yes that is normal.  When you port out, everything gets deactivated.

Personally, I think it is abnormal! I am fighting with Fido right now regarding this issue. They are promise that “Cancelled accounts will have limited access to their account information, but account holders can still view and make payments on bills for their last 18 months of activity” which is not true! Fido prevents me from accessing my closed account!!!

I tend to think that this might not have been a a billing system glitch.  It could be that the March 11th was the last day of the previous billing cycle and that March 12th was the first day of a new 90 day plan.  If autopay was setup, the Public Mobile system would not know that you are going to port out to Koodo Mobile later in the day.  It would simply proceed as normal and charge you again for another 90 days. 

As for self-serve no longer working, yes that is normal.  When you port out, everything gets deactivated.

@will13am, regarding the notification by text message, I too had a message that  said my renewal was due on the 12th, but in Self-Serve, it was listed as March 11th.

The Autopay didn't occur for me until 02:00ish, on the 12th.

I believe the OP was on the same payment cycle data as me.

Acekiller

that's rough, hope you can get your money back.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@smartinuk, this one is going to be a tough nut to crack given how Public Mobile is playing hard ball with giving out any kind of fund adjustments on this end.  Are you sure the renewal date was March 12?  Did you remove your credit card from the account prior to porting?  I wonder if this system may have a bug where they will charge your card that remained on file in the suspended account.  Even though the number was ported, the account is not removed from the system.  It is still there as a historical record.  The customer can't see it but the moderator team can. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@smartinuk  its best to contact the mods via private message.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.