cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill/Invoice/Statement

TheSecondPower
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I get a copy of my bill to provide to a financial institution?

20 REPLIES 20

@yukonj wrote:

I'm confused - I don't see the question mark I'm supposed to click. Where is it?

If the question mark isn't there, the most direct way to open that chat window is to click on the following link: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Here is a previous thread.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Invoice-Request/m-p/174070#M52476%C2%A0

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help   ->Click on Chat with Simon  on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me

@yukonj at the bottom right of your screen 

@yukonj wrote:

I'm confused - I don't see the question mark I'm supposed to click. Where is it?

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@yukonj wrote:

Alternatively, you can look in the users online section of the main forum page here and look for one of the online mods, and message them directly.

yukonj

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Aktaibi wrote:

A financial institution need a copy of his mobile bill to pay him back for his phone service. Many companies do that. 

@Aktaibi unless they are working for a financial institution, I'm not sure why a financial institution would be paying someone for their phone service.  And if that were the case, wouldn't @TheSecondPower have said it was for their employer rather than their financial institution?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Aktaibi

A financial institution need a copy of his mobile bill to pay him back for his phone service. Many companies do that. 

@srlawren wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@TheSecondPower wrote:

For proof of indentification, doesn't necessarily need to be a mobile bill they just needed any utility bill along with a bank statement.

Public Mobile probably won't count for identity verification as they don't even ask for any ID to set up an account.  I believe for  identity verification you would probably need a postpaid service that asks for identity when it is set up

@ShawnC13 exactly.  Anyone could set up an account at Public Mobile as Kermit TheFrog with an address of 123 Pond Skim Lane, Muppetville ON, H0H 0H0.  

Will the Public Mobile activation system accept an invalid postal code or would it give an error messages? Kermit must be one of Santa's neighbors.

The other thing I was going to mention about a bank use a bill/receipt as proof of payment, not only was the identity of the Public Mobile customer never verified, another issue could be that it's an obvious computer printout from home.

I know that when renewal a health card in Ontario, Servce Ontario will not accept a printout from your computer as proof address, even it's from a postpaid cell phone carrier or your bank and specifically says this on their website. Now, as to if this bank would be okay with a computer printout, I suppose that depends on that particular bank's policies.

srlawren

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@TheSecondPower wrote:

For proof of indentification, doesn't necessarily need to be a mobile bill they just needed any utility bill along with a bank statement.

Public Mobile probably won't count for identity verification as they don't even ask for any ID to set up an account.  I believe for  identity verification you would probably need a postpaid service that asks for identity when it is set up

@ShawnC13 exactly.  Anyone could set up an account at Public Mobile as Kermit TheFrog with an address of 123 Pond Skim Lane, Muppetville ON, H0H 0H0.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@TheSecondPower wrote:

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ ShawnC13 wrote:

@ srlawren , not sure I do know that Cell Phone companies report to the bureaus all time.  I have a mortgage broker friend who said he can't believe how many people are refused because they are late paying their cell bills and it hits their credit rating

I learned something new today, I did not know that .

TheSecondPower

@srlawren wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@TheSecondPower wrote:

@TheSecondPower out of curiosity, why would a financial institution need a copy of your mobile bill?

@srlawren , maybe to prove monthly expenses if trying to secure a loan?

@ShawnC13 I guess.  Is mobile phone plan considered in TDS/GDS calculations?  Admittedly it's been a while since I was in the banking industry, but I don't think so.

@srlawren , not sure I do know that Cell Phone companies report to the bureaus all time.  I have a mortgage broker friend who said he can't believe how many people are refused because they are late paying their cell bills and it hits their credit rating

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@TheSecondPower wrote:

@TheSecondPower out of curiosity, why would a financial institution need a copy of your mobile bill?

@ShawnC13 I guess.  Is mobile phone plan considered in TDS/GDS calculations?  Admittedly it's been a while since I was in the banking industry, but I don't think so.

@srlawren wrote:

@TheSecondPower wrote:

srlawren

@TheSecondPower wrote:

@TheSecondPower wrote:

You need to use this link to message to mod account and ask for it

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Credit to Jessica_T from this post

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/How-to-get-invoice/m-p/319119

That information is outdated. It will work but you're supposed to use the instructions that were shown in the other messages about clicking the Simon question mark.  Doing it the way you are showing will be slower.

@GR wrote:

@TheSecondPower  click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and ask for a paper bill.   The moderator_team will get back to you soon! 

My understanding is that you need to allow a month for the pdf bill to arrive at your registered email address. Hopefully, someone who has made this request can tell us how long it takes.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@TheSecondPower  click on the question mark on the right hand side of the page and ask for a paper bill.   The moderator_team will get back to you soon! 

Need Help? Let's chat.