cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better selection of emoticons/smilies?

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

Any chance that the "powers that be" could enhance the selection of emoticons available in the software that runs these forums???

Quite frankly, the emoticons available here are kinda pitiful, when compared to the selection on just about any other forums I've used, i.e. although there's a few different styles, they're pretty much just the same emoticons, but with different faces. We could use some "thumbs-up", "thumbs-down", "green-barfing", "dancing-banana", etc., etc. kinda stuff around here, to spice up some of the posts a bit.(here's where I'd use the "thumbs-up", or "clapping" smilie, IF we had them).....  Smiley Frustrated

16 REPLIES 16

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I like smilies, but I think there are bigger priorities Smiley LOL

@CannonFodder  Lol! Thanks I'll keep that one in my back pocket.

Is this one close enough? 💩  😆 

Are there any party pooper emojis?

@GinYVR wrote:

Emoticons is not actually limited by the software. You can enter more than what is available on the toolbar just using your own keyboard. The one in the toolbar is made by Khoros, Public Mobile is just a customer and have very limited say in what to include, pretty sure it is not a high priority either.

Yeah, I imagine that added emoticons aren't high priority. As for PM having a "very limited say in what to include", that depends on the software running these forums. I'm not familiar with the customizability of Khoros, but the software(had a look around, and it was Invision) used on the site I used to be an admin on, had TONS of customization available, including all kinds of emoticons, and other added functionality. All it required, was someone willing to check into it, do a little reading, and download the appropriate add-on. 👍 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

Emoticons is not actually limited by the software. You can enter more than what is available on the toolbar just using your own keyboard. The one in the toolbar is made by Khoros, Public Mobile is just a customer and have very limited say in what to include, pretty sure it is not a high priority either.

Stay safe

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Really not sure why emoji are needed for getting customer support as this is what the community it for

Well, that's true enough, but occasionally a well chosen smilie gets the point across a little better sometimes, and since the forum software has some included, I just thought it might be nice if there was a better selection, since the included ones are rather limited.

@Lowufo wrote:

You can do the same thing from a computer just open an emoji site like getemoji.com and copy and paste. 

You mean like this: 👍 😉  👋  🏒  🍀 

Well **bleep**, that's cool - never knew about that!!! Muchos gracias!!!  👍 

Yes, it appears to work quite nicely, ALTHOUGH, the forum software SHOULD be configurable to be able to add that stuff in, without having to go to some outside site just to add in a few smilies.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Really not sure why emoji are needed for getting customer support as this is what the community it for

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Lowufo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can do the same thing from a computer just open an emoji site like getemoji.com and copy and paste. 

@Triguy wrote:

I think it is limited due to the Khoros software that is used for the forum.

That was kinda what I thought MIGHT be the case, BUT I was an admin on a forum site for a brief time, somewhat recently, and I was blown away by the sheer volume of emoticons you could add in to the software if you wanted to. I don't recall what software it was running on, but I'm sure it wasn't Khoros....

@Lowufo wrote:

You can copy and paste from your texting emojis 👍

Wouldn't that be assuming I was posting on here while using my phone? If so, that doesn't help, since I use my 'puter to access this site, and don't foresee ever using my phone to do so.

Lowufo

🤯 ☃️

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

I think it is limited due to the Khoros software that is used for the forum.

Lowufo

You can copy and paste from your texting emojis 👍

Need Help? Let's chat.